Would you believe it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I have arthritis in my upper and lower spine.
I am used to the riding position on the MTB, but the last couple of rides has had my lower back in agony.
Nothing had changed so I couldn't understand why suddenly, I had all this pain.

Today I walked by the bike, which sits in the hallway. Something caught my eye and I decided to look.
My seat had moved sideways, by about 3mm! It seems this was enough to throw my back into spasm.
Hopefully now I have re-adjusted, all will be well again :smile:

Fubar

Guru
I have arthritis in my upper and lower spine.
I am used to the riding position on the MTB, but the last couple of rides has had my lower back in agony.
Nothing had changed so I couldn't understand why suddenly, I had all this pain.

Today I walked by the bike, which sits in the hallway. Something caught my eye and I decided to look.
My seat had moved sideways, by about 3mm! It seems this was enough to throw my back into spasm.
Hopefully now I have re-adjusted, all will be well again :smile:

Unbelievable such a small adjustment could cause you such pain! As you say hopefully that's it fixed now and at least it's nothing more permenant!

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Unbelievable such a small adjustment could cause you such pain! As you say hopefully that's it fixed now and at least it's nothing more permenant!
What I couldn't understand was the fact that the pain was only on one side of my lower spine, as normally it's right across my back.
As you say, hopefully that's it sorted now and my back will ease off :smile:

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
How did you know it had moved, 3mm is a very small amount
It was a tiny amount, I didn't measure it so it could have been more, but something didn't look right and combined with the pain, I decided to check over the seat post, seat etc.
When I looked from the seat, along the the top tube to the headset, I could see the alignment was out slightly. I am convinced this caused the pain!
Time will tell :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
upload_2014-9-13_13-40-20.jpeg

I do really , if i move my saddle 5 mm forward it feels odd .

Top Bottom