would you buy one....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I would assume they have a layer of waterproof varnish or some such ?
Just imagine the bike in a down pour falling apart ........

Arch

Married to Night Train
Would I buy one?

Only if it was a folder.

China_High_Glossy_Paper_Cardboard_File_Folder2010151605455.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And if you got bored with the colour, just get the felt tips out!

ASC1951

Guru
It's not made 'entirely out of cardboard' though.
True, but a lot more of it is cardboard than is made of carbon fibre on a CF bike. I couldn't see what he has done with the braking surfaces - they looked to be just part of the wheel, in which case they won't last long at all.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd like to know how light it is - the article says "Imagine a bike you can easily carry up to your apartment". I have two of those it's the size that's a nuisance, trying to get round bends on the stairs), and one more that I can carry, but struggle a bit. And I know from work how heavy cardboard can be, especially when compressed and concentrated. I'd be surprised if the wheels for example, weighed less than spoked metal wheels.

I'd combine normal wheels with the exotic frame material - I'm fairly open to unusual frame materials, as long as they do the job, and are repairable (one of the reasons steel is good for tourers - there are welders all over the world!)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
better yet, why not make a bike out of water...
kirks_008b.jpg

all of which goes to prove that it doesn't matter what a bike is made out of - it has to be a good bike

Top Bottom