Would you like a shag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
I thought a shag was a dance.

BrumJim said:
Ohh, yes please:

picture.php

Iz U lookin at My Bird?

I have a really old gardening book which has a section on tobacco. Not sure if the law has changed since it was written but it says you can quite legally grow your own tobacco for personal use and gave details of where you could send it to get it processed.
Given the price of fags and that you probably need £1000-£2000 to pay for your habit per year, plus the ease of growing tobacco, I am surprised people do not do this.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Over The Hill said:
I have a really old gardening book which has a section on tobacco. Not sure if the law has changed since it was written but it says you can quite legally grow your own tobacco for personal use and gave details of where you could send it to get it processed.
Given the price of fags and that you probably need £1000-£2000 to pay for your habit per year, plus the ease of growing tobacco, I am surprised people do not do this.

Apparantly my grandad grew it during the war in his back garden. He loved his pipe and wouldn't give it up rationing.

I gave up 21 weeks ago and has so far not spent (saved is the wrong way of looking at it) £1050:biggrin:. Girlfriend about £600.

U

User169

I produced some genetically modified tobacco some time ago. Never smoked it though.

NickM

Veteran
guitarpete247 said:
I gave up 21 weeks ago and has so far not spent (saved is the wrong way of looking at it) £1050:biggrin:. Girlfriend about £600.
Well done both of you :smile:

It took me ages to give up, and although it was many years ago I still wake up occasionally feeling guilty because I've had a ciggy in a dream :smile:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I smoke in my dreams.

Problem is that I have never had a ciggie or ingested tobacco fumes (other than passively) in any other form.

The only other person that I have met who shares the same experience is my sister.

Top Bottom