Would you use our website?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary1

Hi,

For my university project I have developed a website (just a prototype at the moment) this website is where cyclists like yourselves can arrange to go on cycling rides with one another by posting on the website and seeing if there are any other persons interested in going with you. This enables you to meet new cyclists and meet a variety of different ages and even perhaps help to encourage more people to take up cycling.

Perhaps you are not good at making friends but have an interest in cycling,this website may be of use to you.

This website would be freely available for anyone to use. Although they have to be above 18 at the moment,just for safety reasons.

If this website did make it online it would be called 'bike-ride.co.uk', although it is doubtful and may take a few months

Any feedback would be great if you think this would be a useful website to you

thank you

Milo

Guru
Try posting this in the cafe you would have more luck I think.

Shaun

Founder
I think it would have to be unique in how the meet-ups were arranged.

Most people can post on a cycling forum asking for knowledge about rides / clubs in their own area. What you'd need is some kind of map based structure that would allow people to mark their own location and then be 'matched' with other users within a specific radius.

People would also probably want to specify the distance and speed they'd like to ride for / at, as there are some of us who like to take it easy and go for short pleasure rides, then there are others who like to ride far and fast - oh, and plenty in between too!

Sounds like an interesting concept - let us know if you develop it further.

BTW it's probably not a good idea to advertise the domain if you haven't already acquired it (although I'm assuming you have ;)).

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
G

gary1

Thank you for your responses. Yes our lecturer has registered the domain name, we have got categories for speeds, ride types e.g races, country cycling and the type of rider i.e. beginners etc.

I'm afraid i wouldn't use it - it's too risky to meet unknown people off the internet and then head off into the middle of nowhere with them!

walker

Kirstie said:
I'm afraid i wouldn't use it - it's too risky to meet unknown people off the internet and then head off into the middle of nowhere with them!

I think your thinking of the 'married but looking' section of other forums there Kirstie

Top Bottom