Wound up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidsw8

*Rant mode on*

Cycling up Albert Embankment this morning, pretty heavy traffic. Coming up to Lambeth Bridge with the feeder lane to the ASZ just ahead and a motorbike moves left in front of me into the feeder lane to pass the car on his right. He moves right in front of that car, then comes left into the feeder lane again to pass the next car, then he ends up in ASZ. I get in front of him and point out that the feeder lane and the ASZ are meant for cyclists, not him - he nods his head in agreement. I suppose at least he didn't get abusive but that attitude of 'I know, but I don't care' really winds me up.

So, the lights change and a bus coming round the roundabout has decided to roll through the red light regardless and block the traffic coming from Albert Embankment. To avoid being squashed by the bus I have to hold back with all this traffic behind me now breathing down my neck.

Not a great start to a Tuesday.

Ever tried Kalms?

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

Ever tried Kalms?

Lol I should!! Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

Once I've had a good night's sleep and not stressed any more, maybe I'll be like everyone else and not give a toss about bad behaviour, illegal activity and dangerous situations... :whistle:

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

I think we all give a toss about such actions, but personally I try and only fight battles I stand a chance of winning.
Anything else needs a headshake, deep breath and attempt to let it go.

Well, it's on cam so I can Roadsafe it and thus get this gentleman a little letter from the police asking him to maybe be a bit more considerate in future if he'd like to keep his license.

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

[QUOTE 2412108, member: 1314"]Well, I’m not averse to having words but the nature of commuting in a place such as London is that there is a never-ending potential for conflict and stress.

Commuting in London is about having a sense of perspective.[/quote]

God yes, for every incident I moan about, there's another 20 I let go.

Seriously, it is a case of choosing one's battles and letting go of the rest a la Reinhold Niebuhr...

Top Bottom