WOW - Had a Christmas card from a motorist ON the way to work.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Talking of people stuck in snow.... a few years ago I was driving to work in the snow and I saw a bus stop full of shivering people waiting for the bus, which I knew was a long long way behind and was probably full as well. In a moment of good spirit I stopped, wound down the NS window and asked if anybody wanted a lift into the town in my nice warm car.

Nobody stirred, nobody even looked at me, they all started straight ahead, probably thinking I was some mad pervert. Oh well.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Talking of people stuck in snow.... a few years ago I was driving to work in the snow and I saw a bus stop full of shivering people waiting for the bus, which I knew was a long long way behind and was probably full as well. In a moment of good spirit I stopped, wound down the NS window and asked if anybody wanted a lift into the town in my nice warm car.

Nobody stirred, nobody even looked at me, they all started straight ahead, probably thinking I was some mad pervert. Oh well.

Ha! I had a similar thing. A friend and I had a spare ticket for the match. He wound down the window en route to the ground and started offering it free-of-charge to people and everyone blanked him. People don't trust strangers.

Nebulous

Guru
With 6 in our family we look for any opportunity to save money. We would often go to supermarkets for icecream rather than small shops. So we would get a buy one get one free deal and end up with 8 magnums for 6 of us. It could be really hard work giving the spare two away.

In contrast to that though four of us recently went to a theme park with 6 half-price tickets. We offered the spare 2 to a young couple who were absolutely delighted, and exceptionally grateful.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Oh crikey, that brings back embarrassing memories ...

My dad used to drive my sister over to Kenilworth to visit her boyfriend, and we'd then head back along the Kenilworth Road towards Coventry. Pa had a habit of stopping in front of the bus stop on Gibbet Hill where students from Warwick University would be waiting to catch a bus to the city centre. He would make me wind my window down and ask if anybody wanted a lift. Invariably, there would be a huge crowd of gorgeous 20 year old female students standing there and I was just a shy 15 year old ... It was horrible - torture! It was awful enough when they refused, looking at us as though we were perverts. It was far worse though, when they accepted and then felt obliged to talk to me! :blush:

Top Bottom