WOW - Had a Christmas card from a motorist ON the way to work.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
They were stopped at a junction and wound the window down as I was just about to go past.

I should of asked where the present was as well.

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
I would say they were middle 20s.

Dan_h

I had something similar from a young lady on the way to work this morning... well she shouted something that COULD have been "merry Christmas" (hard to make out as she was in her car and had the window up) and from her hand gesture I assume I am getting 2 presents! I think it must have been my use of the primary position through a set of traffic lights that has gained this level of respect from her :whistle:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Excellent result. Positive experiences are few and far between in the commuting forums so its good to read this :smile:

I had lots of "Merry Christmas!!!" cheers on my way to join the recent FNRttC.... ;)

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The best thing I get around here is a wave of the hand or a "thanks" for letting someone out at a junction. No way am I expecting to get a Christmas card from someone. A few days before christmas though when I am out, I will say "Merry Christmas" to a few people and see what the response is (Probably just a finger).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't forget the mistletoe tomorrow am and return the favour. You might get a slap off the Missus though

Crankarm

Guru
Must be Jehovahs Witnesses ..............

or deranged stalkers.

If this did ACTUALLY happen then proof that cycling does improve your sexual magnetism. But then again this is a first. Where are all the other cyclists being handed Christmas cards and goodies by drivers?

Are you sure your sugar levels weren't dangerously low or high causing you to hallucinate? It was really two coppers giving you an FPN for RLJing or riding on the pavement ................

Where I used to ride if some one said "I want to give you a Christmas card or present" it was time to get the hell outa there.

OP
OP
S

Sore Thumb

Guru
Well I have just shown the wife the card. She thought it was hilarious and said that I should ask them to take me off her hands.

She also said that they thought you were a boy and not a man .......

And there's me been really chuffed to be considered a boy at 38.

Hip Priest

Veteran
They sound like 'kooky' lasses. Without doubt big fans of Tori Amos. However, this sort of friendly interation makes the world go round. Get a Chocolate Orange and chuck it through the window next time you see them.

Top Bottom