Wow! Was that five years?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Five year trophy too!

IIRC, many of us arrived as refugees from the great smiley debacle and so it should be no surprise that we're all getting trophied-up at similar times.

Congratulations to others.

Was that about the same time as BikeRadar, or later? I'm only a fairly recent YACFer, so I'm not up on the dates...

It was Mr Paul came and rescued me and suggested I come here. I remember posting a few times on BikeRadar about this new forum and how people should try it, and then they started to delete my posts! I knew then, my job was done....

Those were sort of exciting times. It's funny how strong a community you build up, and for weeks there were people drifting over and being greeted like rescued refugees!

D

Deleted member 1258

I've got a few months before I've been on here for 5 years, I got clipped by a car and was laid up for three weeks, found cycle chat whilst looking for something to pass the time and have been a regular on here since.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I found this place after leaving a couple of bitchy, self opinionated and generally unpleasantly cliquey forums. I deleted myself and all my posts and decided to look for something with a joint interest and a larger then 1% proportion of male views.

I think it was one of the best internet moves I have done as it has lead on to so many greater things. :thumbsup:

I had no idea of the history behind CC and the mass migration/escape.

D

Deleted member 1258

I found this place after leaving a couple of bitchy, self opinionated and generally unpleasantly cliquey forums. I deleted myself and all my posts and decided to look for something with a joint interest and a larger then 1% proportion of male views.

I think it was one of the best internet moves I have done as it has lead on to so many greater things. :thumbsup:

I had no idea of the history behind CC and the mass migration/escape.

Like you I don't know much about the history of Cycle Chat.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was a bit slow on the up take and so it took me a couple of weeks to work out that the rats were deserting the ship that was .... can't remember what it was called - help me out! (And where the rats had gone to:laugh: )

I was very slow on the uptake. Months for me, but I wasn't as prolific as I was on her. Stayed around for a while whilst it turned into complete drivel.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Was that about the same time as BikeRadar, or later? I'm only a fairly recent YACFer, so I'm not up on the dates...

It was Mr Paul came and rescued me and suggested I come here. I remember posting a few times on BikeRadar about this new forum and how people should try it, and then they started to delete my posts! I knew then, my job was done....

Those were sort of exciting times. It's funny how strong a community you build up, and for weeks there were people drifting over and being greeted like rescued refugees!

Actually Arch, you may be right about it being the change from C+ to BR being the stimulus to man the lifeboats and search for a new home. I certainly followed you and it was your recommendation that led me here, for which I owe you (and by implication, Mr Paul) 5 years of loveliness.

We must have been here already for the smiley thing.

Does anyone here frequent BR anymore?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Huzzah! I just got one too!
Jeez, five years!! I too was part of the C+ .--> BR --> CC great migration, and I love looking in on this place; it's a regular part of most days, I can post all sorts of drivel, and I've learned so much that's useful about cycling; big thank you to everyone, and an e-group-hug. :hugs:

Shaun

Founder
Cor blimey - has it been that long ... :laugh:

Four software changes: phpBB -> vBulletin 3 -> IPB 3.1 -> XF 1.1
Membership increase: 72 to 20,735 members (I actually started CC in Dec. 2005)
Posted messages: 250 to 1.9 million! :eek:
Rides attended: too many to count (and great fun had on every one!) :thumbsup:
Friends made: too many to count
Favours from generous/caring CCers: too many to count
Fun had: absolutely shed-loads!
Cake eaten: Hmmmm ... CAKE!!! :hungry:
Laughs had: too many to count
Picnics attended: one - but it was a very good one

Roll on the next five years ... :biggrin:

Top Bottom