Wowww!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
I had one of my best ever bike rides on Friday night.

I haven't been doing enough miles recently, I have had a cold, and been on holiday, then found it difficult to get back up to the activity level I was at. I was still working at it, often on a gym bike, but the rides have tended to be too short. I have two events coming up though, and I really need to do a bit more, so I've ramped up the workrate in the last two weeks.

I got a Garmin 500 on Thursday, on Friday morning I went to the gym, then on Friday my family went away for the weekend with me cycling to join them after work. A trip of around 45 miles.

I got home from work, and didn't really fancy it, I couldn't find my windproof jacket and was still mulling over work related issues, but eventually I left. The first hour my head cleared and my legs got into a groove, then just around the start of the second hour I suddenly realised everything appeared to have just clicked into place. It felt really good and I was really covering the ground, in fact I was on fire. Somehow everything just seemed perfect, I was at one with the bike, I was really moving, and far from feeling tired I felt really good. It felt as though fatigue was close, but if I could only keep cranking I would keep ahead of it.

I found my family and said to my wife - "I'm sure that computer has made me faster!" She didn't entirely approve of the purchase, and reckons I had a tailwind - which didn't come anywhere near bursting my bubble.

So regardless of motivation before I started - I had an absolutely amazing run, and am still buzzing about it, so much so that I felt I needed to share it!

James

Tail wind or not, the road is not always straight is. I know how you felt I have it my self, you finish a ride and wonder why you did not go out on the ride earlier. Any ways I believe you Nebulous.

Zaphod

There are few better feelings to do with cycling than when one's ride just feels so good. Maybe nothing special happens on the ride, but it just feels right, and like it's what you should be doing. One of the many reasons I love cycling
biggrin.gif

Its easy to get physically drained over time. Sounds like you were fully re-energised after your enforced break - (with perhaps just a bit of a tail wind).

Top Bottom