WOWZA.....a 50 miler and my bum is FINE :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
It is well documented that I have really suffered with sit bone pains. A 30 miler meant I was in pain for days....maybe a week.
In order to help I cycled through winter....just 15/20 milers then started to build up in Spring.
Today I did a 50 miler and finished with NO PAIN :smile: :smile: :smile:.
Anyone wanting to look....please form an orderly queue.
Photographs will be subject to a small charge.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Great news indeed!

PS Photographic proof is not required, I'll just trust you are telling the truth. lol

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done - onwards and upwards!

Why not come along on my Cheshire forum ride on June 4th and see how the old bum copes with a longer distance? (We will be doing about 206 km/128 miles but if you don't fancy the full distance you could just do the first bit from Wilmslow and loop back when it suited you?)

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Nice one. Next week try it with the saddle attached to the bike, it'll be bliss.

Is it a change in components or bike fit or just getting out there more and getting used to it? (AKA MTFU ;) )
New saddle in January which I "think" is getting 'broken in'.
I tweaked the position last week.....slightl forward and tilted up very slightly.
Plus, as you say, I'm getting out more.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well done - onwards and upwards!

Why not come along on my Cheshire forum ride on June 4th and see how the old bum copes with a longer distance? (We will be doing about 206 km/128 miles but if you don't fancy the full distance you could just do the first bit from Wilmslow and loop back when it suited you?)
Thank you.
I feel that would be too much too soon for me :smile:.
I plan a couple of 30/40 milers then a 70.
I hope to so a first ever 100 around July/August.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thank you.
I feel that would be too much too soon for me :smile:.
I plan a couple of 30/40 milers then a 70.
I hope to so a first ever 100 around July/August.
Good luck with the 100, and see you in Cheshire for the 128 in summer 2017? :okay: :whistle:

Top Bottom