wrapping presents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not just Xmas but that's always the time I am reminded just how useless I am at doing it. I admit I have no interest in getting better at it. It's done with a snarl and a tearing of paper, a chopping of scissors and a lot of scrunching. They look like they've been wrapped by the dog who doesn't have an opposable thumb. "Wot?" oh, he said if he'd chewed the paper for forty minutes it wouldn't look as bad as my wrapping. At the moment there's a bunch of Grinch like objects under the tree. I suppose some of you are good at it?

I'm getting worried about you always talking to the dog (and him replying). I think you might need therapy - or a Bob Martin tablet.

Something that I tried with considerable success was to wrap presents in aluminium foil. It's a lot cheaper than wrapping paper and a large roll will cover loads of presents. It also has the advantage of staying put when you fold the ends down which removes the need for a second pair of hands for the sellotape.

Does it come in any other colours?

OP
OP
C

Crackle

I'm getting worried about you always talking to the dog (and him replying). I think you might need therapy - or a Bob Martin tablet.

Well in truth he just looks at me but I know what he's thinking. Bob martin, do they still make them?

The other thing I did was put the scissors inside one of the rolls in a moment of distraction whilst wrestling with a fold. Could I find them, could I hell. It wasn't until I booted the farking wrapping paper in frustration that they suddenly revealed themselves.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I invariably make a bollix of the sellotape. Can't find the bit I've cut off, or it sticks to itself, or the carpet. I'd go for Dave D's dispenser idea if my lot hadn't decided to cut down on pressies this year.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm hopeless with scissors, have been since primary schlol! This year I've splashed out on thicker paper with guidelines for cutting!

Cheddar George

oober member
Not just Xmas but that's always the time I am reminded just how useless I am at doing it. I admit I have no interest in getting better at it. It's done with a snarl and a tearing of paper, a chopping of scissors and a lot of scrunching. They look like they've been wrapped by the dog who doesn't have an opposable thumb. "Wot?" oh, he said if he'd chewed the paper for forty minutes it wouldn't look as bad as my wrapping. At the moment there's a bunch of Grinch like objects under the tree. I suppose some of you are good at it?

You maybe completely inept at wrapping presents Crackle but i suspect that you have the ability to apply bar tape to an accuracy of a couple of thou.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
But do you wrap the turkey in Christmas paper?

Of course not.

I get my cook to do that.

Katherine

Guru
I love wrapping presents but if you don't then why aren't you using gift Bags?

ayceejay

Guru
I can't decide whether 'schlol' is text speak or a typo Vickster,
We had a friend who made wrapping gifts an art form and often the gift inside was a disappointment one year we decided to leave it unopened and on display. There was freshly ground coffee inside and as time went buy the aroma filled the room although it took a while to locate its source (doh!)

Top Bottom