England : Greater Manchester Wrigley Velo CC - towpath & cyclepath ride Sun 26th Nov 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Cracking ride. I'd honestly never imagined you could ride from one side of Manchester to the other and only spend a mile or so on the roads............ Shame no one else turned up.
It was a great ride and people did turn up. In addition to Kestevan was Mrs Kestevan, riding her rather fetching On One Bish Bash Bosh in eye bursting orange. Also tagging along as far as Chorlton was Charlie, not a forum member but admitted to being a lurker, so if you are reading this Charlie glad you made it along today and hope you manage to join us for more rides in the future :okay:
We were extremely lucky with the weather, dry and mostly sunny all the way out. We were sat in the lovely warm interior of Weatherspoons waiting for our breakfasts to arrive when the heavens really opened.
We opted for a change of plan on the way back and followed the canal right through the centre of Manchester. This took us past a few more landmarks than you see on the Fallowfield loop route and although the weather was not quite as kind on the return leg we still only caught a couple of light showers. As we left Manchester I could see the novelty of the twisty wet polished cobbled climbs that occur at most locks was beginning to wear off for Mrs K!
The last few miles out from the Velodrome are perhaps not the most scenically or architecturally inspiring but the ride end was almost within our grasp so that didn't matter any more.
Total ride distance was just a little shy of 30 miles except for @Kestevan who stupidly rode over from Holmfirth in the pouring wintery rain while his more sensible wife drove.....

alibaba

Über Member
Any new year cycle plant people?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Any new year cycle plant people?
I haven't planned anything for New Years day yet other than trying not to wake up with a hangover!
That doesn't mean I won't throw a short ride together at the last minute and will be thinking about it this week, so watch the forum for info. I will tag you if I do organise a ride @alibaba
If I do it will most likely be an easy 30-40 miles starting from somewhere convenient between central Manchester or Stockport.

Top Bottom