Wrist pain from bike set up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

sabian92

Über Member
OK you know better as they are your hands, but more often than not it is the problem I described. It is only after all 2 minutes maximum to try it out, chances are you Doctor will know more about chocolate tea pots than cyclist problems.

By doing as I describe will have the same effect as fitting a shorter stem for one thing.

When you buy a bike from the shop they sell them looking good, hoods slightly up makes them look less pretty, but for functional.

What sort of bike is it? Low end, top end.

I know but just making sure it isn't anything else that's being made worse by cycling.

I will definitely sort it out - just finding time to do it :biggrin:

Carerra Virtuoso. Halfords, I know... I did have a mess about with it but obviously not properly set it up.

i know it may seem a silly question ...how do you fit the lever shims ???
They look like this

26144?$Display$.jpg

And you buy the ones specific for your levers as each is a slightly different shape. They have a sticky pad on top which you peel the backing off and stick the pad at the top of the lever under the hood. A few dry runs with the backing on should make it obvious where they go. Don't do what I did and drop one into the brake mechanism whilst checking fit. Effectively they just move the levers nearer the bars. There are no real downsides to them other than you have to keep your brakes trimmed a bit better as there's less movement in the lever.

I think some levers now come in two reach sizes and have reach adjustment but my 105's didn't and the shims in combination with shallow drop bars make it a doddle to reach the brakes on the drops.

Top Bottom