Wrong people wrong helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I hope this puts an end to all the cycle helmet lobbyists in here. Yes...I have 6 and I wear them sometimes, but not all at once.

I have just lifted this directly from the European Cyclists Federation website.

Injured cyclists are less likely to have head injuries than injured pedestrians or car occupants (ONISR 2005). - See more at: http://www.ecf.com/advocary/road-safety/helmets-and-reflective-vests/#sthash.l3cknlmz.dpuf

So wear your helmet when walking to the shops or driving in your car. Thats when you need it most.

Just in case you didnt know. The Council does not advocate cycle helmets and will not promote them. They think it is a personal choice, and so do I.

Steve

ScotiaLass

Guru
I wear one, and always will, because I choose to.
I respect others' choice not to. End of.

Does it mention how useful they are for carrying your gloves, computer, wallet and keys in when off the bike. I reckon manufacturers have missed a trick on this. Handbag hats are the future waiting to be discovered. protects your phone in a fall etc...

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Helmets are also pretty handy for mounting cameras on, without the vibration you get from handlebar-mounted cameras (unless your prone to nodding a lot, of course) :laugh:.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Helmets are also pretty handy for mounting cameras on, without the vibration you get from handlebar-mounted cameras (unless your prone to nodding a lot, of course) :laugh:.
I'm nodding in agreement.

Bell (amongst others) do built in lights, and their Muni had fitings purpose built to take the Blackburn Flea

How long before we see helmets with a GoPro fitting built in

Helmets with built in cameras already exist!

Just received my new helmet a Giro Reverb to replace my Bell (forgot what model) I will start to wear it on Monday when I will also start to use the new Garmin 200 (Weather and carpet fitters permitting) . I believe in helmets and GPS's others are entitled to disagree, no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom