Wrong tube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought a couple of new tyres (Conti Sport Contact) for my hybrid and since I have a couple of (old) new tubes that
I have carried in case of emergency I will fit those. I then thought that I would buy a (new) new
tube to pop in the bag in case of a fairy visit.
Now I was in a hurry, so I clicked on the first one of the size I needed, damn fool that I am.

It arrived.... and it's mahoosive. If I put that in the bag they'll be no room left for cake and chockie, not that
I would eat that sort of thing being a diabetic with a dicky ticker and all that, ahem!

So if anyone uses these sticky pimpled things and has a trailer to cart it about they are welcome to it.
Me, I'm off to eBay for an unknown make jobbie that won't require an HGV licence to transport it.

ATB
Paul G

700tube.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I put them in my panniers :laugh:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
700 32-42 - thats a fat tyre for that size...almost like a 29er... give us a photo of your actual tyre please...

This is my bike fitted with 700c 32"s. The tyres are Conti sport, and are virtually slicks.
( I ride 90% road with the odd green lane or converted railway line.)

On the saddle bag/box is the new tube next to a conventional 700c 32 tube in their boxes.
You now see what I mean about carrying a spare tube about with you. It doesn't exactly fit in the pocket does it.

Cheers
Paul G

C Q4.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Get yourself down to halfords, their own brand ones come shrink wrapped, perfect for a saddle bag, not only are they smaller but they don't go damp like the cardboard boxes do after a while.

DMan001

Failing that I would have thought if you take the tubes out of the box and tie them up in an elastic band or O ring that should help compress them down a bit?

It's huge. Doesn't fit in sandwich bag. Needs a dustbin bag. :wacko:

I am willing to give it away... but the postage will be astronomical. :eek:

I will take them out of the box and take another photo, with a wide angle naturally.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Dust with talc and put in the screw-top container that goes in the third bottle-cage.

Top Bottom