Wrong words

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rhythm Thief said:
You forgot the full stop. I've edited it for you.

:girl::biggrin:

:biggrin::blush:

col

Legendary Member
Hey i embrace what your all talking about,but run it by me one more time ,as i do see where your coming from.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I have to say that dialect doesn't really annoy me, although I don't write in it, or expect to see it written, unless someone using it is being quoted.

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
"You're", Col. Short for "you are"; the apostrophe replaces the "a" in "are". "Your" is possessive: eg your car, your house, whatever.
Just so you know.:tongue:

Thats made it chrystal thanks:biggrin:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I'll tell you another one that annoys me, and that is the thing that people do when they write a word that they should not use as much as they do. There is one specific word that they use that they should not. Can anyone guess what that word is?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Baggy said:
:biggrin: I quite often go through reports I've written removing extraneous Christmas (t)hats. At least I recognise they're spare so hopefully Noodley will go easy on me.

I proof read reports for my team. New members soon learn that that is not that good a word :tongue:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Noodley said:
I proof read reports for my team. New members soon learn that that is not that good a word :tongue:
Oooh can you do mine... I might be an overactive thatter. :biggrin:

I once had a proofreader for PR and marketing releases, brochure verbiage, that sort of thing ... I tend to write like I talk which is not very succinct, she called unnecessary wordage "Flummery" which I thought appropriate!

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
Oooh can you do mine... I might be an overactive thatter. :tongue:

Go on then, I have a 'that' detector. When I first put reports back to people they are amazed at how many times they use 'that' word. Last week I found a sentence with 5 thats. I'm that sad. :biggrin:

Top Bottom