Wrynose or bust - This Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PMB

Hi all

Is anyone on here doing this?

2 Main routes 112 miles Including Wrynose pass and a 60 mile route

Im in for the 60 mile option as I have a 100 mile charity ride from Kendal to Newcastle 6 days later!

Looking forward to this, hopefully the weather will be good

Paul

Garz

Squat Member
Did you post this on the bikeradar forums too?

Anyway I shall be doing the 112 miler on the day and preying for the sunshine! :rolleyes:

aJohnson

Garz said:
Did you post this on the bikeradar forums too?

Anyway I shall be doing the 112 miler on the day and preying for the sunshine! :rolleyes:

Enjoy it, it'll be tough fun. I was tempted but decided to opt for the Brian Robinson challenge.

OP
OP
P

PMB

Just got off phone to Insurance co. They have agreed to pay for a new CAAD 9 which my LBS happens to have in stock in my size.

Get in there!!!!

Garz

Squat Member
Completed it in over eight hours, my friend struggled and realised it was his heavy rucksack. We done 115 miles overall as took a wrong turning near the start. Really dodgy descending down wrynose, extremely dangerous as it rained for most of the day.

Was frustrated as the first two checkpoints we were going great guns ahead of loads of people, before the major climbs bombed Mike out.

* oh and I donned the CC team kit for the fraternity ;)

dodgy

What did your mate have in his rucksack?

Garz

Squat Member
Clothing, spares, food, tools. I indirectly told him off when I found out around 60 miles in and carried it for him, it must have weighed around 10kg - no wonder it held him back. He used one last sportive and kept up fine.. lol

OP
OP
P

PMB

i did the 60 mile route in just over 4 hrs, which i was pretty pleased with, the 20% descent down Cartmel fell was interesting, saw quite a few walking down there, was going great guns til the last checkpoint, then took me 1 hr 15 mins to the fininsh!!

Enjoyed it tho and the weather was mainly ok on my route

neil3072

this was the first time this sportive has been run. For a first time effort, I thought that the organisation and route were superb. Well signposted, marshalls where needed, and hot food and drink at the finish. I did the 60 miles route and struggled eventually finishing with a time of 5.45 hours. I agree with pmb though, from the last feed station to the finish seemed to be 20 miles of uphill. I can't remember it being 20 miles of downhill on the way out. Overall, a great ride, well worth the entry fee, and roll on next year

Top Bottom