WTD: 32/36 spoke wheelset for Shimano 10 speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So what bike have you got now you've sold the Audax?

OP
OP
toontra

toontra

Veteran
Will do. I'm planning quite a few sportives & audaxes this year as well as a 7-day solo LEJoG in May (and the LEL next year), so it's going to get a fair old pasting. :smile:

OP
OP
toontra

toontra

Veteran
Crackle said:
C'mon, you've had this a few weeks now. What do you think. Different beast to the Audax I bet?

Absolutely! Unfortunately what with work and my reluctance to take the new bike out in the rain it's only had a couple of outings so far - tomorrow will be the first proper ride.

First impressions - it's light, it's beautiful and it's well put together (welds, bosses). I'm still tweaking the stem height and seatpost and having a bit of trouble indexing the front mech (Ultegra 3), but the main difference I've noticed so far is the ease with which I can accellerate from coasting at 15-20 to putting on a burst of speed. It's almost effortless. I've never ridden a full-on racer but I imagine this is common to them.

The steering is a little bit more twitchy than the Dawes, but that's only to be expected and it certainly isn't enough to be a problem. No toe overlap for me, but I do have quite small feet!

All in all I'm very pleased, but won't be happy till I've broken the begger in with a few long rides. Can't wait :smile:

Top Bottom