WTD; Spokes for Camapag Proton Rear Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigAndyH

Guru
Just broken a spoke in my Campag Proton rear wheel and my LBS tells me spares are no longer available.

An internet search says they used to sell relacement spoke kits, so if anyone has any spare spokes, or a complete wheel with a worn out rim, it cold save me from having to scrap an excellent wheel for want of one spoke.

I hope someone out there can help.

Can't help with a direct replacement but how long is the spoke and as it is a direct pull what shape is the end (round or triangular?).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hmm - I'm interested in finding spares for these wheels because I have an old pair too which need some TLC. I'll search around for both of us because I don't want to scrap them!

I'm keeping the front for a spare but I'm happy to let bigandyh have a few spokes and send you the rest + remains of the hub for a £10 donation to Cancer Research UK.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm keeping the front for a spare but I'm happy to let bigandyh have a few spokes and send you the rest + remains of the hub for a £10 donation to Cancer Research UK.
Thanks Dave, that's really good of you. If you could put the bits to one side for a few weeks for me, I'll get back in touch when I'm not quite so skint! (I know £10 isn't much, but I have a lot of extra expenses this month.)

No worries Colin. PM me your address and I'll send it, probably take me a week or two to get round to stripping the wheel anyway and you can donate what you can afford as and when.

Andy, let me know if you want a couple of spokes.

Dave,

Thanks for the very kind offer - could you manage two drive side and two non-drive side spokes(I assume they are different?) PM me with postage costs and I will happily refund plus a bit for your charity.

PM your address Andy and you'll get them at some point. Not worried about the postage if you make a donation.

Colin,

I haven't got a socket small enough to fit through the rim holes (didn't realise they weren't standard spoke nipples) so I've sent you the complete (minus the freehub) wheel.

There's a fair bit of life left in the rim so you might want to just fit the freehub you've got. Either way could you send a couple of spokes to Andy.

Top Bottom