wtf is all i can say

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by stephen.rooke, 22 Jul 2012.

1. stephen.rooke

stephen.rooke Senior Member

had my boardman road comp stolen last week, was gutted. really loved the bike :sad: . wasnt insured (ny own stupid fault). decided to buy another bike but decided to go cheaper this time. following the advice on this forum i went out and bought a Triban 3 from decathlon.

it weighs more than the boardman and looks alot smaller even though its supposedly a 1cm bigger frame size. it feels like a more racier riding position as the front is angled alot lower.

i've just hooked up my garmin edge and took it out for a spin and on the first try ive smashed my pr on a hill ive always found tough going and also faster on what is a big chunk of my ride home from work.

its an amazing bit of kit for £300.

http://app.strava.com/rides/14176969

2. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

wish there was a Decathlon store near by

3. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

They really should open one somewhere loosely around this part of the country :smile:

4. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

My nearest is about a 400 mile drive! Lol.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

5. uphillstruggler

uphillstruggler Veteran

Travel wise, i would say the nottingham one is the easiest to get to from MK, and you can always go to ikea while you are there :whistle:

i reckon they should open one on the new developement at Stadium MK

6. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Don't understand why Decathlon don't open more stores - besides your area they must be missing out on £ squillions of sales to people in the SW - no store more SW than Reading, or more S than B'ham. Nothing in the whole of Wales. Maybe they just can't handle the logistics of more than a handful of stores in the UK?

7. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

exeter and cardiff would be good places to open up! or failing that Cribbs causeway cause i can get family to buy for me!

8. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Looks like they're going to open one in Coventry - that's closer for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice