WWOOFing!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
WWOOF website ...

My nephew is 21 and looking to get away from home and do something interesting and useful. He is a vegetarian and getting interested in things like yoga and meditation. Somebody suggested that WWOOF might suit him and he seems interested but needs a bit of a push.

Have any of you volunteered, or do you know anybody who has? What was the experience like?

I can see that it could be a really positive experience, but I wonder if it sometimes goes horribly wrong?

Any suggestions or advice would be welcome - cheers.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Don't know owt about it, but thanks for the link... one of my (young adult) offspring might be interested in that. :okay:

Brains

Legendary Member
SWIMBO did it for a couple of weeks down in Devon on a smallholding
But that was a looong time ago
She enjoyed every minute and would have done it again if she had not ended up in hospital for 7 weeks on her return (unrelated incident)

Blimey. Last time I looked at WWOOF it was 'weekend working on' not worldwide, and they published a tatty A5 listing with some additional "classifieds" in the back for international hosts that they couldn't really vouch for the organic-ness of but you were welcome to contact them and see if you wanted to volunteer....

I spent a couple of years on and off in the Dordogne as a result!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
A friend of mine owns a smallholding and has volunteers over quite often. I'd say go for it, definitely worth doing.

Top Bottom