www.5339.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manray

Hi,
What do you think about this site ?
I would like to order a wheelset but don't know them.
Any ideas appreciated.
Many thanks
Lio

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Troll alert!!!!!!

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Never trust any site which does not have an address anywhere on display. I also think that that is illegal for a UK based company.

e-rider

crappy member
I have to agree that something doesn't look quite right. However, if they are a real company I feel quite sorry for them - they said they've been in business since 2004. Why not give them a call and have a chat first - ask about the wheels - you will soon be able to tell if they know much about bikes.

e-rider

crappy member
also use paypal as you should get your money back if there's a problem and they will not have access to your bank details

Gary D

mr_cellophane said:
Never trust any site which does not have an address anywhere on display. I also think that that is illegal for a UK based company.

If you click on the "Help" button in the top right hand corner it gives full address and contact details.

Manray,

It just looks a little suspicious when someone's very first post on a forum is a plug for a retail/online/business website.

I am sure it is perfectly innocent, but it has been known for unscrupulous people to use this type of situation for blatant free advertising and promotion :ohmy: :ohmy:

That is probably the reason for the comment :tongue: :sad:.

Gary.

OP
OP
M

manray

ok, i understand better now, sorry
I ask for this seller because i am in france and don't know this site.
I would like to order wheels but don't want to loose money.

jay clock

Massive member
I do not know them but they look genuine. They have a real (Jersey) UK number, not a mobile or 0870 virtual number, and the address looks real too. The site is registered in the UK, not the Cayman Islands, which suggest a better chance of success.

Gary D

manray said:
i asked them for a Cash on delivery, i will see the answer.
Good test no ?

It is a fantastic test - if they agree to it!!

However, it is highly unlikely that they will. They are based in the Channel Islands and you are in France correct? They will use a courier company to deliver who will not accept cash. Also, what if they sent the parts to you and you refused to/could not accept them?? They would incur all the transport and return costs.

If I were running that (or any similar) business, I would politely, and justifiably I think, decline your request.

Just pay by PayPal or your credit card and you will have a good degree of protection anyway.

Gary.

OP
OP
M

manray

Even with paypal there is no protection until their bank account has no money on it.
As you said, they refused to do Cash on delivery.
I don't know how to do !!

jay clock

Massive member
cash on delivery was the sort of thing that died out decades ago.

Just to put this to bed, I called them just now. There are 3 people running it, they also have a bricks and mortar shop in Jersey. I am 100% convinced they are fine. I would be pretty hacked off at being asked to do cash on delivery to a foreign country.

If the price is good, give them a call, have a chat, and pay by credit card.

Top Bottom