Wylye & Ebble Valley 200 (Denmead) 17 October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisBailey

Any other CCers planning on doing this?

Yup, you'll recognise me by the black Thorn Audax and the perplexed expression 'Why am I doing this when I could still be lying in bed'

Please introduce yourself.

Chris

ChrisBailey

Chris - what time did you make it back ? Had to leave the pub early.

Err, um, cough cough. Followed my GPX track and managed to get well and truly lost a few times. Felt pretty terrible most of the time and by the time I got to Amesbury decided I wasn't looking forward to the rest enough to continue.

Cycled to Salisbury, train to Cosham (actually targetting Portsmouth, but realised this was the better stop), then cycled back to Denham and drove home. On YACF Hummers reported all but one finished, so a discrete mention in despatches. Time? at Denham about 2.00pm......

Nice friendly group at the start, admired your fine German supermarket attire and hope we can ride alongside on another ride.

Chris

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
Probably a wise move, the Amesbury to Camborne stretch was hard - cutting across the grain of the country. Although I took the hills very gently it took a lot more out of me than I realised at the time, I really felt it about 30-35k from the finish. And as that was very close to home I very nearly packed it in too.

Top Bottom