X Factor Winner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's what Simon Cowell made from her.

How much has she made I wonder.

Does she write her own material, I'm guessing not. Which means that, despite her success, only one person really earns the big bucks from her winning X factor.
That's her personal fortune apparently

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Loathe or like her or X Factor...
20 million sales worldwide, the album Spirit went 10 xPlatinum, Bleeding Love was 7 weeks at number one in the UK, also number one in 30 other countries...etc etc. I suspect she's done quite well.
Shame she was pretty mundane with Ben wassisname Sunday night.

The winner Sunday night...wassername...she was really quite good, but then when the likes of Adele sing, you realise there is still a huge gap in talent. Adele was just perfect.

This is bang on.

I don't watch the series but usually stick my nose in for the last couple of weeks - not sure why.

Last three: Che had a weedy, whiney voice, R & B were a joke and the winner was ok, sang the Big Single pretty well but Adele completely eclipsed her.

Problem is the show is trying to make the winner into a money spinner (fair enough) and all the gushy you're a Superstar, best on the planet rollocks doesn't wash and glosses over the modest talents on this year's show.

Comparisms with Carey/Houston are absurd - nowhere near close.

Leona is a class act but the duet with last years winner didn't work and she never got into her stride. The girl's done well - a couple of years back I read that she was wowing Vegas at 6 figures a night - can't be bad!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
This is bang on.

I don't watch the series but usually stick my nose in for the last couple of weeks - not sure why.

Last three: Che had a weedy, whiney voice, R & B were a joke and the winner was ok, sang the Big Single pretty well but Adele completely eclipsed her.

Problem is the show is trying to make the winner into a money spinner (fair enough) and all the gushy you're a Superstar, best on the planet rollocks doesn't wash and glosses over the modest talents on this year's show.

Comparisms with Carey/Houston are
absurd - nowhere near close.

Leona is a class act but the duet with last years winner didn't work and she never got into her stride. The girl's done well - a couple of years back I read that she was wowing Vegas at 6 figures a night - can't be bad!

Vegas seems to me like one step removed from a cruise ship, they are, after all performing to holiday makers. I know it's a big deal in the music world and is a great way to earn...but it seems to be of less "value" to me than an artist choosing to tour.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4057091, member: 43827"]so why is performing to holidaymakers any worse than performing to people who have been to work that day![/QUOTE]
Because holiday makers are a captured audience, who often have nothing else to go and see other that whatever is currently "big" on the strip.

I doubt many people attending these shows chose Vegas...just because the artist was performing there, unlike choosing to go to one of their gigs.

Top Bottom