X Factor Winner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, a young female singer with a big singing voice and a dodgy speaking voice!! Adele came out of the Brits academy I believe
X factor is all abouts the ratings. That's where they make the money. Then if Simon spots an act to make a fortube he will. Makes little odds whether they've won or not or whether they're goid or not.

So winning X factor means bugger all and an awful lot end up nowhere.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
True but the winner can actually hold a tune quite well :smile:

Of a similar ilk, Adele isn't doing too badly for herself
Which reminds me, what ever happens to leona Lewis?

vickster

Legendary Member
X factor is all abouts the ratings. That's where they make the money. Then if Simon spots an act to make a fortube he will. Makes little odds whether they've won or not or whether they're goid or not.

So winning X factor means bugger all and an awful lot end up nowhere.
There are other producers other than Simon Cowell no?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A trawl of this article reveals most winners get at least one number one single and an album which sells well.

If the money's done right, that will set them up for life, OK, not Sting's gazillions, but well into six figures, if not seven.

Being made the subject of snidey 'has been' comments can't be so bad if you've earned a million or so in a couple of years.

Oh, and One Direction are the biggest band in the world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...nalists-where-are-they-now.html?frame=3137043

gbb

Legendary Member
Which reminds me, what ever happens to leona Lewis?
Loathe or like her or X Factor...
20 million sales worldwide, the album Spirit went 10 xPlatinum, Bleeding Love was 7 weeks at number one in the UK, also number one in 30 other countries...etc etc. I suspect she's done quite well.
Shame she was pretty mundane with Ben wassisname Sunday night.

The winner Sunday night...wassername...she was really quite good, but then when the likes of Adele sing, you realise there is still a huge gap in talent. Adele was just perfect.

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4055871, member: 45"]Multi-millionaire Leona Lewis?[/QUOTE]
£13m approx apparently as of last year

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Being made the subject of snidey 'has been' comments can't be so bad if you've earned a million or so in a couple of years.
If an X Factor win is worth a million quid can't they just give them the money and leave it at that? Please...?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I dont mind the show as there is some talent on there compared to other attempts at this kind of thing . When someone very talented ( like Adele ) sings it really does show how crap they are though .
I normally watch it for the songs and then youtube the original artist to hear it properly :okay:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Will young has been very successful after winning pop idol. He has kept working, retained credibility and made a few quid.
This girl that just won X factor was 4 years old at the time!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
£13m approx apparently as of last year
[QUOTE 4055871, member: 45"]Multi-millionaire Leona Lewis?[/QUOTE]

Loathe or like her or X Factor...
20 million sales worldwide, the album Spirit went 10 xPlatinum, Bleeding Love was 7 weeks at number one in the UK, also number one in 30 other countries...etc etc. I suspect she's done quite well.
Shame she was pretty mundane with Ben wassisname Sunday night.

The winner Sunday night...wassername...she was really quite good, but then when the likes of Adele sing, you realise there is still a huge gap in talent. Adele was just perfect.

That's what Simon Cowell made from her.

How much has she made I wonder.

Does she write her own material, I'm guessing not. Which means that, despite her success, only one person really earns the big bucks from her winning X factor.

Top Bottom