Xbox 360

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
In what sense? Do you mean using ethernet as some people have said or some kind of cross over cable?

marinyork

Yeah it depends what he means. VGA, DVI, USB, HDMI, ethernet, wireless etc. I just meant specifically so we can give him more advice.

marinyork

Well some people would call that a big deal. I seem to remember PacMan CE winning games being put on youtube by some nutters :smile:.

PrettyboyTim

User3143 said:
Try a standard USB cable that connects to the front of the console. where you plug & charge your controller.

Or if both your laptop and 360 are wireless, then you can have a wireless connection between both.

Uh... The 360 doesn't have wireless, and the standard controllers aren't rechargeable...

And semi-related: The 360 gets the new dashboard upgrade tomorrow - the 'New Xbox Experience' as Microsoft call it. Looks quite neat.

col

Legendary Member
User3143 said:
Yeah it does if you buy a wireless adapter (hence the word ''if'' in my first post), and I was refering to a plug & charge kit not a standard controller.

I nearly fell over when we got my son one of those wireless adapters . 60 quid?

marinyork

The new dashboard looks chuffing awful in that weird essence of bogey colour. A decent background behind it negates some of the look. What I can't figure out is why you can do silly actions to the US and UK accounts differently.

gratts said:
OP, what exactly do you mean?
If you want to use your laptop as a display for the xbox 360 then that isn't possible.

It is. You can buy a VGA cable for like £15 in GAME if that's what you're looking for.

gratts

Like I said before, it isn't possible.
The VGA slot on your laptop is for connecting it to an external display/monitor, it can't be used to plug an xbox into. It's an output, you can't use it as an input. For it to work you'd need some kind of Video input slot, of which I know nothing about!

PrettyboyTim

I don't think I've ever heard of a laptop with VGA input. Your best bet would be to get a TV capture card for your laptop, but then you'd be limited to SD resolution (unless you can find one with component video in, but that'll be expensive). USB video capture solutions start form about £30, but the picture quality will be pretty rubbish.

You could always get a cheap LCD panel (they start at £70 at dabs) and connect to that with a xbox VGA cable ( under £10 on eBay?). At least that way you'd get a nice crisp, hi-def picture, although obviously that's extra expense.

Now, completely unrelated, here's my new xbox avatar:

Top Bottom