XBox game compatability

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ste T.

Guru
Hi , I have an original xbox ( non 360 ) complete with about 25 games. I was thinking of getting the new 360 just out. Does anybody know if I will be able to play these older games on the new console?

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Hi , I have an original xbox ( non 360 ) complete with about 25 games. I was thinking of getting the new 360 just out. Does anybody know if I will be able to play these older games on the new console?

It depends on the game, some will, some won't.

Personally, I'd google the games you want to keep to see if it's worth upgrading or not.

OP
OP
Ste T.

Ste T.

Guru
I have spent the last few years unable to play all the new games released onto the 360, too tight to spend money on the latest console, I was like a little boy with his face pressed up against a toy shop window, but not allowed in. I've stuck with the original xbox because of the fantastic price drop of pre owned games ( 2 or 3 quid ) which to my eyes were just as good as most new ones. I think the time has come to bite the bullet. Thanks

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
There's a huge list that is supposedly compatible. I've played only a dozen though some of them were a good laugh. Also talking of classics for a small amount of points/money you can get games they've revamped.

One can get discounted Xbox 360 new games on-line if you have a keen eye and older ones are very cheap e.g. Fable 2 £7. I and people I know have never bought them at £40. A lot of people seem to go out and pay more second had to the likes of CEX and blockbusters than what I pay new, it's just giving them free cash on the whole.

You've got a hard choice at the moment choosing which console though.

marinyork

What tv have you got Ste T. If you've only got a non-high def CRT, perhaps CRT that's only 17" you might not view it as much of a benefit. There were some people I know who got a PS3 in this boat and they refused to get a new tv.

OP
OP
Ste T.

Ste T.

Guru
j66, thankyou for that.

marinyork, sorry I've been out for a ride.
17 inch CRT !!!!? I should be so lucky.
My post , no.3 , has obviously left the impression that I am sat in front of a 12 inch B&W, lit by a single candle, Topping up my ketchup bottle with the sachets I've nicked from Mc Donalds .
I'll have you know we have a 32 inch , Yes 32 INCH Panasonic ! :laugh: Oh yes.... we threw caution to the wind last year and we're going to buy a video player to go with it soon.
With regards to which manufacturer to go with, I will probably go with xbox as I have a nephew who has one so I can borrow his games as well.

marinyork

I meant which console in terms of the new slim or the older ones, not which manufacturer.

Your 32" is only really going to get the benefit if it's HD, that was my point, met a lot of people back in the day complaining that the 7th generation consoles had no better graphics because they were playing them on old tvs.

OP
OP
Ste T.

Ste T.

Guru
Oh sorry..... I'll get me coat. :rolleyes:

redjedi

Über Member
we threw caution to the wind last year and we're going to buy a video player to go with it soon

Nice!! Are you going the VHS or Betamax route? :tongue:

My experiences with upgrading my consoles was similar to yours, but with the Playstation.

Got a playstation 1 when it was first released, then got the PS2 so I could still play my PS1 games on it. But in reality as soon as I got a few PS2 games I never got my PS1 games out of their boxes again.

I missed the boat getting a PS3 which will play PS2 games, but I knew it would never matter, and so far it hasn't.

BTW does anyone want any PS1/2 games and or consoles and or accessories?

Top Bottom