XC hardtail mtb, Frame material, thoughts please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Morning all,

Pondering a new mtb as I have been doing a few trails recently and my mtb is a bit of a tank. What would you choose as your frame material and why? pros and cons.....

What should I be looking at as necessary features?

Will be mostly riding trails with a few drop offs, some jumps and twists and turns, both uphill and down but within the xc area I guess. Pretty flexible with budget but sub £1500, maybe the £1000 mark, all suggestions welcome.

All advice appreciated.

TIA.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
@summerdays @Hill Wimp @shouldbeinbed @Shaun @Moderators
@Cubist

Morning, I've only gone and stuck this in the wrong section. Would you be able to move it to Bike buying advice please...?
Could be a lollipop in it for you....:smile:

Last edited:
I don't think it matters. I've got one steel one alu, they have entirely different riding characteristics because they have different geometry, suspension and tyres and that matters more on a mtn bike.

Choose something you fancy. If you want steel and that classic steel look frame, look at a Cotic or an Orange P7 or a Ragley or an On One. I'd say more importantly is to first assess what kind of rider you are and choose a bike to suit that and your chosen riding and then think about the frame material.

Top Bottom