XF 1.2 Editor problems - please report them here (see first post)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
;)Its maybe the fault of this dated browser which IT won't let me update but when I click on smileys and go to insert they are placed at the start of the sentence.

What operating system and web browser (and version) are you using?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
When using tablet only i cant type in the text box without the thread dissappearing to the top.

If i switch off rich text editor i can type and view what im typing.

This only started happening today though.

[Android 4.1.1 and all browsers are doing the same]

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaun, I thought I would give you some feedback since the upgrade to the slighly newer version (XF 1.2.3). still seem to be having some of the same problems. can't drag and drop text because it dumps it at the end of the entry still, but smilies do go to where the cursor :hello: is when you insert them which is nice.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Asus eeepad Transformer prime TF201, Android OS 4.1.1, Chrome 31.0.1650.39. I ususually use a physical keyboard.

The editor is crawling to a halt. If I touch-type at normal speed it takes 2 or 3 seconds to catch up after half a dozen words - it's almost quicker to use on-screen keyboards. Began a week or so ago, but it's getting worse and worse.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Asus eeepad Transformer prime TF201, Android OS 4.1.1, Chrome 31.0.1650.39. I ususually use a physical keyboard.

The editor is crawling to a halt. If I touch-type at normal speed it takes 2 or 3 seconds to catch up after half a dozen words - it's almost quicker to use on-screen keyboards. Began a week or so ago, but it's getting worse and worse.

That's possibly a javascript issue. If you can see the icons toolbar, click the far right one - looks like a spanner on a page - that should put the editor in plain-text mode (i.e. no javascript). Let me know if that speeds it up?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

srw

That's possibly a javascript issue. If you can see the icons toolbar, click the far right one - looks like a spanner on a page - that should put the editor in plain-text mode (i.e. no javascript). Let me know if that speeds it up?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
Yup - that does it.

srw

Ooh. This is interesting*. I was replying to a long post this morning on our Windows 7 netbook (Firefox 25.0.1) when I got something of the same lag. Not as annoying as it is on the tablet, but definitely noticeable.

*For some values of the word...

Top Bottom