XF 1.2 Editor problems - please report them here (see first post)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
The editor in XF 1.2 is new and a "work in progress" so if you're having specific problems with it, post the full details here and I'll pass them onto the XenForo developers:

Device:

Operating System:

Browser + Version number:

Description of problem:

Steps to reproduce:

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am having multiple issues with the rich text post editor, both on my tablet and my laptop. Things like flaky text highlighting, slow updating, disappearing text cursor ...

Am I the only person having these problems?

Assuming that it isn't just me (and the fact that I have the problems on 2 radically different systems, makes me think that it won't be), are there any fixes in the pipeline?

potsy

Rambler
I'm having trouble on my phone with it Colin, for me it seems to be whenever I use a smilie, it then does all sorts of weird things to the rest of the post.
It is ok if I enter the smilie manually and not the drop down box :unsure:

me too particularly when I try to move text around and re-order it. It always goes to the end of the any entry I have made rather than where I have tried dragging and dropping it to. the only way I can get it moved to where I want is via keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+x and crtl+v when cursor in right place), used to work just fine.

Windows 7 Pro x64 laptop
IE 9 (yeh I know) both 32 bit & 64 bit

adding smileys does not scroll the page down automatically, so I can't actually see them to add them, I have to manually scroll down after pressing the button (more a pain than anything else)

the biggy is the drag & drop issues for text moving. (can't move smilies that way either!) Highlight something, then go to move it with the mouse and drop it at the start (or elsewhere) and it always ends up at the very end of the text.... keyboard shortcuts seem to get around this issue.

Same smilie issue on my andriod smartphone on chrome (andriod latest update as is chrome) but cut & paste is OK once I worked out how to do it :laugh: (new phone last Thursday)

potsy

Rambler
My issue is on my Samsung S3 running 4.1.2. Android whatever that means, and on the stock browser.

I can post fine unless I use the smilie box, once I add one this way any further text seems to get put in random places within the original text and not follow on from the usual place.

TVC

Samsung Galaxy tab 2

When another post is quoted and then a response is typed, predictive text swaps from I to any other word beginning with i it leaps to the top input line and inserts the text there

ColinJ

There is a a definite problem with Cut/Copy and Paste. I have had it happen on a Windows XP laptop (Opera browser) and an Android tablet (Opera Mobile browser). The problem is that I try rearranging a post by cutting some text and pasting it somewhere else in the post, and I often get text pasted that I had stored in the clipboard ages ago, instead of the new text that I wanted.

Device: A computer
Operating System: Windows 7
Browser: Opera
Description of problem: Text takes for ever to appear when typing out a quick reply.
Steps to reproduce: 1, Click the reply option at the bottom of someones post. 2, Start typing. No need to actually post.

This particular reply was copied from notepad.

ColinJ

:wacko:when i get to the end of a sentance and add a smilie, for some reason it appears at the start of the sentance, like this (clicks smilie and) yep there it is at the beginning , help.............
I get that too, and sometimes it wipes out the rest of the post as well! (PS I just found out that Ctrl-z will get the post back if that happens.)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
:wacko:when i get to the end of a sentance and add a smilie, for some reason it appears at the start of the sentance, like this (clicks smilie and) yep there it is at the beginning , help.............

I get this on Windows 7 and IE8

I don't get it on Firefox on XP at home !

Top Bottom