Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T -

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Anybody any experience of this phone make, maybe even this model.

After two really poor Moto phones I don't really want another but don't really want one of the "high end" full of unmovable bloatware ones (Samsung, Sony etc)

Want to stick on Android.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Realme, Redmi and Poco are all made by Xiaomi.
I recently got a Poco X3 Pro and I'm very pleased with it. Fast processor and big battery that should last you all day. Downside is the camera is nowhere as good as the one on my old Pixel. Screen is only LCD but it's fine, think the 9t has an amoled. They give you a clear case and a preinstalled screen protector.
Look for the phone that has the specs you need.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member

After two really poor Moto phones I don't really want another but don't really want one of the "high end" full of unmovable bloatware ones (Samsung, Sony etc)

I gave it serious consideration. They get good reviews but I decided against buying one. Why? New kid on the block, no history, no track record. I spent an extra £100 and got a Samsung.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
I gave it serious consideration. They get good reviews but I decided against buying one. Why? New kid on the block, no history, no track record. I spent an extra £100 and got a Samsung.

That was one of my reservations Paul.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
My Mi A1 is still going strong in the hands of my daughter - I like them.

Do they support WhatsApp Bonefish?

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
To answer the question, no, I don't know that model, but FWIW, I was interested when both my daughters - chalk & cheese, and from very different young circles, but very much on the grid daddyo - independently ended up choosing Huawei P30s. They seem happy with them.

Personally I've taken to buying a 'couple of releases back' flagship Samsung on eBay. My S7 edge has been fantastic for three years, but is just beginning to show signs of a dying battery, so I may be googling 'best phone of 2019' soon, and my guess is that for what I want from a phone, the Samsung will hit the spot. Bloatware used to be a real issue, but with 64 or 128Mb it's a minor irritant at worst. And as I say to my girls, Samsung software sucks, but the hardware is bulletproof.

alice.hp

I've heard quite controversial opinions about this model. Cannot really say anything specific.

Top Bottom