XL Steel Tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buzzinonbikes

After a 61cm+ Tourer as a do it all commuter shopper jobber. Ideally a nice Reynolds steel.
Would travel a couple hours from Manchester for the right bike.

Drop bars, rack and guard mounts etc...

Cheers

Cavalol

Guru
Hmm. What sort of budget have you got? I recently got my Peugeot Equipe back and that's a big sized frame.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've just posted a Dawes Stratos, Reynolds 531 frame, Shimano 105 20years old 1 owner from new bought at Harry Hall's OIRO £150 in For Sale.
Not sure on the actual size but there's pics, it looks big and the owner is 6'5. Its got a tentative offer on it but please have a look and if that goes nowhere I can put you in touch with the owner. It's in Bolton too.

OP
OP
Buzzinonbikes

Buzzinonbikes

Just to bump this a bit, it doesn't necessarily have to be a touring specific bike. Just a big frame will do!!

Any pics Cavalol?
Oooh that Stratos looks very nice.

Cavalol

Guru
Hi Buzzin, sorry for delay. Pictures are pretty rubbish (sorry) will try and get better ones over weekend. I must point out this bike was advertised on heres, sold elsewhere (via another forum) and I got it back because it was too big for the new owner. There was nothing wrong with the bike that caused it to come back and any inspection is more than welcomed.
peugeotequipenov2012-1.jpg
DSCF0625.jpg
DSCF0626.jpg
DSCF0627.jpg
DSCF0628.jpg
DSCF0633.jpg
DSCF0632.jpg
DSCF0634.jpg

Since these pictures were taken I've added a rack and some panniers. It does ride really nicely, I need to measure the frame for exact size but it is a big one I can assure you. If you were interested in it I'd have no problem with you or someone who may live nearer to inspect it on your behalf and report back in private-I have nothing to hide and I don't do people over.

Cavalol

Guru
Hi, ideally £120 because the tyres have good tread but the sidewalls are sort of 'fluffing' (perishing I expect) a bit so will need replacing at some point. The bike isn't 'mint' but still very nice and Id say it's perfectly useable 'as is', indeed I use it occasionally. It definitely wants brakes adjusting though, but I will do this of course!

Cavalol

Guru
Yep, everything you see. I'll include the rack if you want it, but I'd like to keep the panniers as I've only just bought them (from someone on here!) and can make good use of them on one of my other bikes.
Come and have a look at the bike, go for a good spin and if you're in anyway unhappy with it I won't be holding a gun to your head to buy it!
I'm in Chester and only about one mile from the M53/A55 and about three miles from the M56 so very easy to find.

Cavalol

Guru
No worries, shame you couldn't view it but I fully understand if the other bike was more suitable. I sold my Raleigh racer this afternoon so that's kept the wolves from the door for the time being!
Best regards,

Top Bottom