Xlsm file ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Someone sent me a xlsm file to my email and I can't seem to open it.Any clues would be appreciated ? I'm using Gmail on phone.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Its an excel spreadsheet file

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks Ian sorry to act dumb,I am,on this ! What does that mean ? Do I need to be on computer to open it ?
Yes most likely as it's a file with macros, unless you have Excel on your phone (what phone is it?). If you have an MS Office licence, you can normally add to a couple of devices as part of the deal (although you may not get full functionality as you would on a PC)

Levo-Lon

Guru
Yes most likely as it's a file with macros, unless you have Excel on your phone (what phone is it?). If you have an MS Office licence, you can normally add to a couple of devices as part of the deal (although you may not get full functionality as you would on a PC)

@Markymark alert. ..

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Motorola,I'll have a go when home from work.Or shall I say I'll give it my Mrs and ask nicely ! Thanks Vickster

Levo-Lon

Guru

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Motorola,I'll have a go when home from work.Or shall I say I'll give it my Mrs and ask nicely ! Thanks Vickster
We are just a bit worried that you don't know what a spreadsheet file is, have been sent one anyway, and are going to open it regardless...

I have had files supposedly sent by friends, but they were really sent by viruses which had hijacked their email accounts.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
We are just a bit worried that you don't know what a spreadsheet file is, have been sent one anyway, and are going to open it regardless...

I have had files supposedly sent by friends, but they were really sent by viruses which had hijacked their email accounts.
Thanks Colin,keep your fingers crossed im going in.....ill leave it till later then my Mrs can feck her laptop ! Im not risking my brick phone.

Heckler

I suddenly feel like the guy who after suggesting it wasn't a good idea, is watching someone kick starting their bar-be-que with a can of petrol.

"Y'all watch this!"

Don;t open it. It contains macros which can do all sorts of mischief. Find out who it is from and why it contains macros. If you don;t need the functionality get them to resend it without macros, ideally converted to a PDF it to be simply viewed.

To note, the chances are the macros are entirely harmless and are functionality for the sender, but there's no point risking it.

Top Bottom