Xmas Shop, with the wife..!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Why do you have to go? My wife hates me going shopping with her, and i hate all shops apart from the LBS. You need to get her trained.:whistle:

Just noticed i have completed my mileage for the year.^_^

andyfraser

Über Member
Why do you have to go? My wife hates me going shopping with her, and i hate all shops apart from the LBS. You need to get her trained.:whistle:
I usually throw a tantrum because I want to buy the branded product but it's too expensive or I want to get something but we don't need it apparently. This annoys her but I still have to go! :cry:
Just noticed i have completed my mileage for the year.^_^
Congrats! ^_^

slowwww

Veteran
I've been married for 17 years, and following a series of arguments we reached an accord fairly early on whereby presents are her department (other than her own, most of the time!!) and catering is my department. We definitely don't go shopping with each other for their respective part.

The unspoken rule is that she won't criticise what I put on the table and I won’t criticise her present choices, otherwise this fragile detente will descend into all-out war again!

stephec

Legendary Member
Ha, ha, sound! Just got my hair done!! I hate getting my hair cut!! All done now though...time to breathe...
I didn't bother in the end, there was at least ten people in the queue already.

young Ed

Veteran
when i'm told a have to do something i don't want to do i just start getting changed into cycling gear and off i go for as few hours, family are used to it now so don't bother trying to fight the stubborn old man
Cheers Ed

stephec

Legendary Member
That,s one thing i will not do, queue, if there is a queue i will walk away, one of the reasons my wife does not take me shopping, i have been known to walk out of pubs if there is a queue.:thumbsup:

Remember the days before the internet?

When you wanted a concert ticket, or one for a big football match, and you used to stand in a long queue? :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
Hopefully I will be up and about tomorrow and will pop out with the wife for a few bargains. I am not keen on shopping and the wife is, however I do enjoy being with her and treating her, so shopping it is.

Have I spelt that right dear?

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I didn't bother in the end, there was at least ten people in the queue already.

That,s one thing i will not do, queue, if there is a queue i will walk away, one of the reasons my wife does not take me shopping, i have been known to walk out of pubs if there is a queue.:thumbsup:

Ah, see it's not queing which does me in...queueing I can do...people watching in queues is great and there's usually something to read in a barbers...it's more the forced social interaction thing I don't like, coupled with the fact you have to stare at yourself, them and the rest of the shop while you're in the seat. I find the whole experience completely soul destroying...and then you have to walk home, or spend the afternoon in the office, with sh1t hair, because they never style it right.

Top Bottom