XML - T6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I currently use a magicshine MJ - 808 I'm pleased with this light, but have seen on deal extreme a similar light model XML - T6. Does anyone own both? If so how does the brightness compare between the two. Is the T6 as good as the MJ - 808? Thanks in advance.

BSRU

A Human Being
I cannot compare it to a MJ808 but I can compare it to the mickey mouse magicshine. The T6 I have from dealextreme is just as bright as the big light but has a narrower beam.

Broadside

Guru
Ive got the MJ808 and have used it for over a year. I bought the cheapie T6 in Dec, it broke after 1 hour of use so Deal Extreme refunded me.

To answer your question on how they compare, the T6 was as bright as the MJ808 but I wouldn't say it was brighter even though it is meant to put out 300 lumen more. The beam pattern on the T6 was narrower which I actually preferred as i ride solely on the road and the narrower pattern seemed better.

The light colour is also slightly different to the MJ808 but as the T6 broke after only one hour I couldn't really say which was better.

The manufacture of the T6 is much cheaper than the MJ808 as you would expect, and it really shows. If my MJ808 were to break for any reason I would replace it with another, I don't think the T6 clone is built well enough to last. The T6 was so cheap it made me buy it! But I was much happier when Deal Extreme refunded it back after I returned it to them, I was praying they wouldn't send out a replacement.

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
That doesn't sound good. The price is what appealed to me too. But If it's not going to last long it's a false economy. Thanks for the info.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I got one which broke after ten minutes! It's cheap for a reason. The Magicshine seems to be better quality. There are reviews of the MJ-808E (XML version) on mtbr - it seems to have a narrower beam and be a little brighter.

amaferanga

Veteran
Been using my T6 for a couple of months now and touch wood have had no problems. I wouldn't say build quality is actually any less good than the Magicshine I have.

I guess one criticism I might have of the T6 is that there're only 3 modes - high, low, flash. The low is fine for around the city as a be-seen light, but no good at all out on unlit roads. My Magicshine on the other hand has high, medium, low, strobe and SOS modes and the medium is more than enough for most riding on unlit roads. But then it's really annoying having to cycle through so many modes to channge bewteen settings (medium --> high is 5 button presses). Ideally I'd like just the 3 modes of the T6, but with a medium instead of low setting.

Top Bottom