Xtracycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does my bum look big on this?
Had the first shopping trip on it after the photo call. If anything its actually a better ride with the xtracycle than without.
Could feel a slight wobble when setting off but then loading load wasn't too well distributed. Big bags of cat litter and spuds on one side.

DSCF1192b.jpg

DSCF1193b.jpg

DSCF1191.JPG

Bought the kit from Practical Cycles where its on sale at the moment.

edit: to add links

zzpza

Impressive! How long did the conversion take?

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
It's very quick. Strip off the bits off the donor (rack, mudguards, brakes, derailleur) and fit the freeradical and wheel, about 20 minutes. Freeradical is only 3 bolts to secure, but uses a 203mm disc rotor so had to order one though the mounts are spaced for 160mm disc calipers.
Hose for the rear Juicy 3 caliper wasn't long enough and as the caliper was in poor nick it was replaced by a spare Shimano mechanical disc I had.
Local mobile bike mechanic did the cabling, brake setup and gear indexing inside an hour.

Finally another hour or so work saw mudguard refitted and the original Topeak rack cut down and bolted onto the 'flight deck'. I kept the top bit of the Topeak rack has it has the quick release channel MTX thing for a basket and a mount for the rear light. That bit took longer than fitting the kit!

OP
OP
Piemaster

Piemaster

Guru
I do like that. Must be one of the easiest ways of transporting a bike there is.
New bags were introduced 2010 with 3 different colour options. Theres a full length pocket inside with a velro flap and I think the material is different now.

Top Bottom