YAIT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
or Yet Another Ice Thread.

Came off this morning on black ice. Bike ok. I have a scabby thigh and a sore wrist, but nothing broken. It happened right outside Bolletta's school as well, so the kids will have something to talk about.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep,
had to take it slow and careful this morning. The main roads were fine but the back doubles were a little dodgy. Fellow cyclist in the office had an off this morning and the cyclist following behind him came off too..
Glad you are ok Bollo.

Y'all be careful out there folks.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
I took the train this morning as Mr Weenie made a rare request that I leave the bike at home. None of the roads near me had been gritted and I nearly fell over twice walking to the station. It was like a skating rink and I was forced to admit he was right.

Glad to hear you're not too badly hurt.

Flipside

i had a scary back wheel skid too, got my foot down in time. I choose to walk the last 100 meters into work :biggrin:

Flipside

PBancroft

Bollo said:
or Yet Another Ice Thread.

Came off this morning on black ice. Bike ok. I have a scabby thigh and a sore wrist, but nothing broken. It happened right outside Bolletta's school as well, so the kids will have something to talk about.

Ouch.

Had an off as well this morning. A couple of cars had had quite a bump and were in the midst of checking out the damage. I slowed down to go around them and - whoop - bike slides out sideways and I'm on the floor.

Then I get to work and find out I have to apply for my own job. Great day. :biggrin:

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Me too. Checked the roads in Chesham this morning, no ice, just wet. By the time I got to Harrow it was a lot colder (it's usually t'other way round), and lost the back wheel in a quiet housing estate I cut through. A badly swollen and grazed knee is the result. That'll be stiff tomorrow.

Kaipaith - sorry to hear that - not much comfort, but it's happening to a lot of people I know lately.

PBancroft

CharlieB said:
Kaipaith - sorry to hear that - not much comfort, but it's happening to a lot of people I know lately.

To be fair, we've known it was coming for a while. I'm also the eternal optimist and think everything will turn out to be OK in the end.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kaipaith said:
Ouch.

Had an off as well this morning. A couple of cars had had quite a bump and were in the midst of checking out the damage. I slowed down to go around them and - whoop - bike slides out sideways and I'm on the floor.

Then I get to work and find out I have to apply for my own job. Great day. :ohmy:
Ouch back at yer! Just think, we could have been sharing a bay at the Royal Hants for foolish cyclists.

I think with the job stuff you can claim to be having a worse day than me. Hope it sorts itself out.

Top Bottom