Yay, another Yorkshire Cup walkover.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
My lad Cubester plays Rugby for Huddersfield U 14s. (I'm one of the assistant coaches).

They played Pocklington RUFC in the second round of the Yorkshire Cup today, having beaten Malton and Norton in the first round last month.

Pocklington are a strong outfit and field a good number of players to the East Yorkshire District Team. We knew our lads had to play to their best in order to stand any chance against a notoriously strong Pocklington Pack, but we were fortunate in that we were able to play our first choice fifteen players as well as a decent bench for the first time this season.

All of the build up was around getting the players heads on right (they can occasionally take time to get fired up) and we insisted on a good basic gameplan of securing quality ball up the middle, a phase or two of pick and drive and then shipping it wide as soon as there was any sort of overlap as we have some awesome paced wingers.

The packs were both magnificent, with good contest for the ball at every breakdown, but Huddersfield showed much more aggression and strength, winning ball in the loose, and dominating all the set pieces.

The match was declared won at 41-0 (five minutes after half time) but the teams played on to an eventual 70 -0 defeat.
PaggeringPocklington2011238.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
All of the build up was around getting the players heads on right (they can occasionally take time to get fired up) and we insisted on a good basic gameplan of securing quality ball up the middle, a phase or two of pick and drive and then shipping it wide as soon as there was any sort of overlap

Well done the lads on the field Cubist :bravo: , and doubly well done for understanding the tactics, you lost me after the first five words.:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
You couldn't call that a close game but so long as the players enjoyed the match and learned something from it then both sides were winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

postman

Legendary Member
Well done awesome result.A bloke named Johnson could be looking for a job soon i understand.But looking at that score he need not apply for the coaching post at your club.
I like the team kit also.Well done.

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Cubester has come home form school with a huge grin. Pocklington beat Heath RUFC in the last round 45-5. Several of the Heath players who go to his school had been telling him how he and his team had no chance against a team as mighty as Pocklington. One in particular has refused to believe the result. Bragging rights or what!
cool.gif

Top Bottom