Yay! New camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

hooray! Ive finally got a new camera. Brill! Sony NEX 5n. It was the last one on display in Currys and is in good nick, couple of scratches on the lcd but i figure it would pick those up anyway during my cycling photo trips so no real beef there.

Got it for £300 with a second, pancake, lens and a free SD card and bag thrown in. cant wait for the battery to charge!

stu

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Many Happy pics ! :wahhey:

Of course, we'll expect to see quite a few of them on CC ! :laugh: ...

... just not too many :whistle:

hoopdriver

Guru
Good luck with a compatible with nothing camera. I have used all major mirrorless systems and what I learned was that with a sensor like that, you do need good glass. That is the main reason why I bought the Nikon 1 myself, good RAW support combined with Nikon FX format lenses. The results are quite incomparable.
Don't know what you're on about. The Sony Nex5n gets a very positive review on dpreviews and I have heard many good things about it.

Hotblack Desiato

Good luck with a compatible with nothing camera. I have used all major mirrorless systems and what I learned was that with a sensor like that, you do need good glass. That is the main reason why I bought the Nikon 1 myself, good RAW support combined with Nikon FX format lenses. The results are quite incomparable.

Talking of glass, apparently the conventional camera admitting light through a lens onto a CCD will become a thing of the past, the last gasp of the old technology:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm5_QV_7c156IvBXM7JjZ8SadkP2VEwLKocPDgq6FBhW_UnstV9g.jpg

Instead a sensitive area will capture light frequencies that software will then transform into an image. Early days yet however so don't hold off buying that new camera in anticipation!

Crankarm

Guru
Yeah it's a good pro-sumer camera, but the comment about limited number of good lenses available for it is valid. There are not that many. Sony on the whole don't like to make their cameras overly compatiable and don't have a large range of lenses as say Canon or Nikon. But the NEX-5 is a compact camera good for cycle touring as no where as heavy as a DSLR. There are other rivals Panasonic Lumix GF1 and 2, Canon G10 and 11, Nikon 1, Fuji X1, others.

P.H

Über Member
Ha, boys and their toys.
When are you going to learn it's not about the camera?
And for those bemoaning the lack of choice in lenses, how many do you need? Some of my favourite photos have been taken by people with a single fixed lens. If you did want some choice, fit an adapter and use just about anything. The NEX is a great camera for manual focusing.
I look forward to seeing your photos cyclist33, enjoy the new camera.

Top Bottom