Yellowing vinyl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pompeywidow

Regular
Hi all
I was generously given this saddle and it’s got yellowing on the vinyl
I’ve got most of it off just wondered if you could give me any tips to get the rest off?
Things I’ve tried -
WD40
Alcohol gel
Pink stuff
Fairy liquid
Lemon juice and bi-carb paste
Toothpaste (and left on the sun)
Spray bleach
Any other ideas please?

Attachments

• 6E31F0E8-2A9D-440C-8D64-DA29ECA76CC8.jpeg
    6E31F0E8-2A9D-440C-8D64-DA29ECA76CC8.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Pompeywidow

Pompeywidow

Regular
Can’t really see in picture

alicat

Legendary Member
My advice would be to accept that you have done as much as you reasonably can do before the law of diminishing returns starts to apply. Just go ride your bike.

OP
OP
Pompeywidow

Pompeywidow

Regular
Get a black saddle.

It won't stay white for long no matter what you do. I made that mistake years ago - never again, nor bar tape that is white. Looks great until you actually ride the bike.
Nah the saddle I have is amazing super comfy , I just wondered if there was a trick I’ve not tried yet.
😊

screenman

Legendary Member
Acetone/nail varnish remover, go very careful and check a bit underneath first. Failing that get some plastic paint and do it black.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Wot @alicat said ↑ Plus if you're riding the bike, neither you nor anyone else can see what colour the saddle is.

On the other hand if it's a bike to hang on the wall as an ornament, try painting it. :laugh:

OP
OP
Pompeywidow

Pompeywidow

Regular
Wot @alicat said ↑ Plus if you're riding the bike, neither you nor anyone else can see what colour the saddle is.

On the other hand if it's a bike to hang on the wall as an ornament, try painting it. :laugh:
Yeah I know it’s not the be all and end all but I just wondered if there was a trick I haven’t yet tried 😊

Top Bottom