Yes, we have no bananas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hard to peel when riding in the bunch?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Perhaps it is because you can only see what you are looking for... :whistle:

zipa365ba-db.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Probably because i have never seen much footage of the peleton actually eating much from their musettes, makes for boring tv in the eyes of the producers and others have said probably a bit hard to handle on the road.
its a lance quote but ..
"A pro-cyclist like Lance Armstrong ate a huge amount to fuel his training and racing regime.
Cyclists riding in the Tour de France need up to 7000 calories per day.
Armstrong's race-day breakfast was a bowl of pasta with an egg, cheese and basil on top and a sports drink.
Then there is a light carb-filled lunch and more sports drink about an hour before the stage starts. Throughout the stage, food and drink are collected by the cyclists en route - sandwiches, energy bars & gels, fruit and even baked-potatoes!.
Immediately after the finish, more sports drink starts the recovery phase. Then there is a carbohydrate-rich meal as soon as possible and later a full dinner with potatoes or rice and steamed veg."
straight from to the peletons mouth..
http://www.bicycling.com/training-nutrition/fast-foods

PaulB

Legendary Member
I read that it's because it is difficult to digest because of the amount of fibre so you don't see them anymore. HOWEVER....yesterday, in the warm-up to the kick-off of the stage, Eurosport showed Sky team's nutrition-waller getting the food ready for the team. He took a panini, cut it down the middle, scooped out a trench of bread, filled this trench with Phillidelphia cheese, a banana split down the long aspect and then squirted some sticky goo (may have been Maple syrup), put the top half of the thing back on, cut it into eight small chunks and wrapped each one individually before writing on a flap what each one contained.

I read that it's because it is difficult to digest because of the amount of fibre so you don't see them anymore. HOWEVER....yesterday, in the warm-up to the kick-off of the stage, Eurosport showed Sky team's nutrition-waller getting the food ready for the team. He took a panini, cut it down the middle, scooped out a trench of bread, filled this trench with Phillidelphia cheese, a banana split down the long aspect and then squirted some sticky goo (may have been Maple syrup), put the top half of the thing back on, cut it into eight small chunks and wrapped each one individually before writing on a flap what each one contained.

I'm guessing WADA haven't got a test for Philly and banana and sticky goo yet then. No doubt they'll add it to the charges against LA soon though.

Top Bottom