Yes, yess, yesss, oh yessss....Aaahh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

WOW... Sunday was such a lovely day:becool:, I put my new Campag Zondas on my best bike and did the sunday club run, alright I was on my carbon Wilier, which weighs considerably less than my GIANT SCR4, but OMG:ohmy: I was just whizzing along,:tongue: fantastic, fast responsive and no annoying ratchet and pawl sound when freewheeling. Yippeeee:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

stevenb

Will1985

Über Member
I love my Zondas, but you think that the freewheel noise is quiet? I've always thought that the freewheel is louder than my Ventos and I am quite conscious of it in a group because it is easy to pick out the one not pedalling enough!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
You must of been really pleased as it's taken you two days to calm down and put this thread up. Well done.:tongue:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Aye, that be they! Got mine from the LBS with me burfday money, there is a slight sound when pedalling, similar to a faint ratchet and pawl free wheel sound, but when actually freewheeling, completely silent, they are running on a Centaur groupset, my previous wheels the OE ones were Fulcrum R7's, the free wheel ratchet on those babies was loud enough to wake Marco Pantani!

Another thing, they are easy to get tyres onto as well, the R7's were a nightmare, funny really as the Fulcrums are made by Campagnolo.
But Yes I am very pleased with them, and purchased for a good price too, have had to change my tubes though as the rear wheel profile is 28mm and none of my valves were long enough, couldn't get hold of a valve extender from LBS all sold out.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Yeh when i was on the club ride i noticed there was alot of very nice bikes out. Especially at the cafe stop.
You think the Giant SCR4 sounds loud when freewheeling? Someone in the club's bike sounds like a very loud fishing reel under alot of presure when freewheeling.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Joe24 said:
Yeh when i was on the club ride i noticed there was alot of very nice bikes out. Especially at the cafe stop.
You think the Giant SCR4 sounds loud when freewheeling? Someone in the club's bike sounds like a very loud fishing reel under alot of presure when freewheeling.

No, my R7's used to make a racket, my Zondas are silent, the Aksiums on my GIANT are pretty quiet too, the GIANT has a cheap Sh*mano mix of stuff, and obviously a Sh*mano freehub, I think the Aksiums were quiet on my Spesh Allez too, which had a full Tiagra drivetrain.

The bike Weighs a lot, but riding it through winter has obviously paid dividends for my fitness level,which I reallly noticed when I got back on the Wilier, so much quicker on the pace and easier climbing too.

Funnily enough Moto, and mentioned elsewhere, René, my father in law put new Zondas on his Orbea Orca this weekend..the only difference being that he was basking in the South Of France AND Cycles Mari gave him top dollar for the Aksiums that came with the Orca. André his neighbour bought Fulcrum Racing 7s!!! - as advised by Mari - the bike shop owner. (André = heavy duty hombre - but a climber strangely).
Everyone's happy.

WaaaaaH! I want new wheels!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::biggrin::rolleyes: :tongue:

yenrod

There really aint nowt worse than a loud-ratchet in a free-hub...

In fact it gets really annoying after a while..

Im glad Im not drafting you Morty :rolleyes:

Top Bottom