Yesterday the world fell out of by backside!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Woke up in the night on Monday to sickness and diarrhea. Luckily the sickness only lasted through the night but diarrhea is continuing. The dizziness and shaking has stopped but I'm not in work today. Really want to go in tomorrow but not sure if I should...and whether I'd make it n the bike having not eaten (it's 20 miles round trip).
Any advice? Especially on how to make it go away!!!
Thanks,
Russ

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thanks for sharing !:wacko:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Don't know how to make it go away - but make sure you keep hydrated. Diarrhea can kill through dehydration. Dehydration sachets, or if you haven't got that semi-skimmed, diluted squash or diluted fruit juice.

I think it would be advisable to give yourself an easier day tomorrow, unless you get up feeling really well and raring to go.

But I'm not a doctor...

Linford

Drink lots of fluids, and seriously...don't take it into work with you.
Don't bother with the Imodium type pills. they paralyse the gut, and you really need to let the bugs be worked out of your system.
Go get some of those Yakault type live Yogurt drinks to re balance your gut as well.

Trevrev

Veteran
Forget the cycling and forget going into work.

Something that really bugs me is colleagues who have been sick coming back to work before they should, and giving me their illness.

Steve
That all depends on whether the company you work for pay you for being off sick. I've been to work in some right states, because i can't afford to lose money.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
So going to work and making your colleagues sick so they don't get paid, is ok then? :rolleyes:

Steve

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Kaolin--Morphine-Mixture-33092.jpg
Kaolin and morphine mixture..

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So going to work and making your colleagues sick so they don't get paid, is ok then? :rolleyes:

Steve
Long ago ... One of my colleagues was ranting about the fact that another colleague had phoned in sick after 3 days of coming in with an horrendous cough. Basically, according to his way of thinking, if your legs didn't buckle when you got out of bed, you should come to work. Over the next few days, half the office went down with the bug that the martyr had been coughing over us!

i have the same thing, not good but on the mend. first day of sick I have taken in 5 years - I hate being ill!

I am eating dextro energy tablets just to give me some energy. may have to go and get some greek yoghurt to sort the gut out.

raised by puffins

I'm suffering the opposite at the moment, I havent been for four days now. I've already had 5 sachets of Laxido today and not so much as a parp. Its no fun sitting on the lav with your fingernails embedded in your kneecaps and deliriously imagining all the personal luxuries you would gladly forfeit there and then for the pain to stop. I'm hoping that further compaction will at least lead to the freakish formation of bum diamonds and so provide some recompense for the agony I'm going to have to endure upon their eventual delivery. Hope this makes you feel better Easytigers.

Top Bottom