Yesterday's commute!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bonj said:
1. you can't go down nursery street now can you?

2.What, coming in down spital hill from burngreave road, or going up spital hill?
I know if you get to the end of burngreave road coming into town you have to go left down sutherland street towards attercliffe, you can't carry on down spital hill.

1. Went down it Monday, nice and quiet.

2. Coming from Attercliffe, along Saville Street (I commute from Maltby)

bonj2

gambatte said:
1. Went down it Monday, nice and quiet.

2. Coming from Attercliffe, along Saville Street (I commute from Maltby)

ah, yes I just went outside and had a look, and you can go down nursery street. It's still one way at the moment though. So if you're coming down mowbray street, do you have a choice whether to go down nursery street or left up the new bit? don't they both effectively lead to the same place i.e. park square?

Interestingly enough nursery street's obviously eventually going to be either two-way or at least the opposite way to what it now is, because there's a new sign facing the 'wrong' way:
DSC00063.jpg

(this is taken from nursery street looking towards mowbray street, so the 'straight on' direction of the sign must double back on itself round to the right... if you know what i mean.)

also just out of interest this is one of the brand new bridges i was referring to:
(taken from the corporation street looking towards the junction between mowbray street and 'the new bit')
DSC00064.jpg

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
don't they both effectively lead to the same place i.e. park square? the way to the left misses Park Square and joins the Parkway up at the top of the Quays . Back to the piccy
DSC00064.jpg
[/quote]

I walked along from the right to about where the red van is, then hopped back on to join the flow across the bridge, double back across ladies bridge and past the foundry. Noticed the daft 'dog leg' bit of cycle lane between the Riverside and the foundry?

bonj2

gambatte said:
don't they both effectively lead to the same place i.e. park square? the way to the left misses Park Square and joins the Parkway up at the top of the Quays
yes it does you're right.

gambatte said:
I walked along from the right to about where the red van is, then hopped back on to join the flow across the bridge, double back across ladies bridge and past the foundry. Noticed the daft 'dog leg' bit of cycle lane between the Riverside and the foundry?

what's 'the foundry'? ... do you mean the existing one that runs parallel to nursery street on the other side of the river next to the new home office buildings (that aren't finished yet), or some new bit round that big fangled new junction?

BentMikey said:
Hey Bonj, I've no idea what you've said, unless someone quotes you. Others, please don't troll-wrestle with bonj.

not my problem pal.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
what's 'the foundry'? Gasp!!!! Collects breath...... OK, take it you're not into climbing then? The Foundry Courtyard is virtually opposite the readymix concrete place on Mowbray Street. The Foundry is Sheffields first and probably still best indoor climbing centre. Anyway, if you go left over ladies bridge Just about where theres a new build (Hope Works?) the cycle lane does a wierd 'dogleg' to follow the pavement. You'd have to be doing less than 15mph to stay in it!

Top Bottom