Yesterdays muppets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Try taking your Harry Potter invisible cloak off... ha ha sorry, I am a calm person normally but I would have struggled to stay calm if I had experienced those.

Those traffic cushions are lethal I hate riding near them as drivers do focus on them and not you as they swerve across the road or closer to the curb to miss the main section of the hump so they can maintain their speed! Near me I am convinced the drivers treat it like a computer game, driving down the road and seeing how fast they can go whilst lining up their wheel either side of the bumps!

Wigsie said:
Try taking your Harry Potter invisible cloak off... ha ha sorry, I am a calm person normally but I would have struggled to stay calm if I had experienced those.

Those traffic cushions are lethal I hate riding near them as drivers do focus on them and not you as they swerve across the road or closer to the curb to miss the main section of the hump so they can maintain their speed! Near me I am convinced the drivers treat it like a computer game, driving down the road and seeing how fast they can go whilst lining up their wheel either side of the bumps!

i annoy other cars when i drive over a really tall section of speed cushions near my parents,

the exhaust of my car hangs a little low in the centre so i have to put two wheels over the cushion to enable it to clear.

my brother just goes the other way round as his, unmodified, car is low enough to scrape the underside of his bumper on them!

purplepolly

Wigsie said:
Those traffic cushions are lethal I hate riding near them as drivers do focus on them and not you as they swerve across the road or closer to the curb to miss the main section of the hump so they can maintain their speed!

I try not to swerve too much when I go over them in my car and try hard to miss cyclists,;) but having one side of the car on lower ground is necessary. The only time I went straight over the cushions (slowly) some part of the car scraped on the ground. Basically they're just another example of where someone's decided to 'calm' the traffic - roundabouts, traffic islands - but hasn't thought through the consequences for cyclists.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I find car drivers really hate it if I over take them, while they are nursing their cars over speed bumps, I actualy landed up in a race with some stupid cow in a Saab once who was most upset that I could go over the bumps quicker than her!!!

thomas

the tank engine
djtheglove said:
I find car drivers really hate it if I over take them, while they are nursing their cars over speed bumps, I actualy landed up in a race with some stupid cow in a Saab once who was most upset that I could go over the bumps quicker than her!!!

haha...as soon as I get into the UNI it's a 20mph limit and the bumps make it really easy to overtake a few people :ohmy:. Occasionally they'll rush in front then have to stop to a crawl for the bump where it's simple to go back in front.

buggi

Bird Saviour
are you riding a penny farthing? you look really high up! well if you've got all the other safety gear, hi vis clothing etc then there is only one thing for it...

expensive but... a guy at work has them. They are superbright and completely light up the road in front of you. you look more like a motorbike. Unfortunately they have changed the website and don't show the pictures of what they are like anymore but i reckon they are worth the money. the guy at work says that even cars coming from behind give him a really wide birth because the beam is wide across the road and he thinks they think he's a motorbike.

http://www.supernova-lights.com/newsite/products.html

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
buggi said:
are you riding a penny farthing? you look really high up! well if you've got all the other safety gear, hi vis clothing etc then there is only one thing for it...

expensive but... a guy at work has them. They are superbright and completely light up the road in front of you. you look more like a motorbike. Unfortunately they have changed the website and don't show the pictures of what they are like anymore but i reckon they are worth the money. the guy at work says that even cars coming from behind give him a really wide birth because the beam is wide across the road and he thinks they think he's a motorbike.

http://www.supernova-lights.com/newsite/products.html

I've had the penny farthing comment on youtube, LOL!

As for those lights there are a few on the market now that throw the beam out like a car headlight. Is this the page:

http://www.supernova-lights.com/newsite/e3_comparison.html

buggi

Bird Saviour
downfader said:
I've had the penny farthing comment on youtube, LOL!

As for those lights there are a few on the market now that throw the beam out like a car headlight. Is this the page:

http://www.supernova-lights.com/newsite/e3_comparison.html

Yea!!! if you can't beat 'em... blind the f*ckers ha ha :smile: the guy at work got his when they had a sale on and said it was well worth the money.

Top Bottom