Yet another Brompton X colllab

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CaptainWheezy

Über Member
Brompton have at Eurobike shown (and kind of announced) a 12-speed, 4*3 based on the 4-speed derailleur and a hubgear, similar to the 6-speed. It is supposed to come on the P-Line next year, details are not publicaly known yet. But who knows: T-Line and P-Line share the advanced rear frame and the 4-speed gearing. So in theory it would be possible to have this on the T-Line as well. Would however be a weight penalty. We will see what happens.

yes i've seen references to that, but i'm not really interested in something that adds back about 1Kg. I think a front derailleur and second chainring would be preferable! I know that various Asian suppliers have made alternatives to the new 4 speed derailleur that allows for a bigger gear range and more gears, so would hope to see something similar from Brompton but I won't hold my breath.

berlinonaut

Veteran
yes i've seen references to that, but i'm not really interested in something that adds back about 1Kg.
Neither am I. I do have a Rohloff Brompton for the excessive gear range when travelling and a two speed titanium for the lightness of it. Depending from the terrain to travel I choose the one or the other.
I think a front derailleur and second chainring would be preferable! I know that various Asian suppliers have made alternatives to the new 4 speed derailleur that allows for a bigger gear range and more gears, so would hope to see something similar from Brompton but I won't hold my breath.

I do not think it's realistic that Brompton comes out with something like that. It could be done as a home job, though not cheap (due to new cranks necessary). The Asian mods seem overly expensive to me for what they deliver.

brommieinkorea

Wow, wish that ugly arse color scheme had been an option when I could have used it to hide my bike amongst military gear. No need now, just ugly.

tinywheels

Über Member
Looks rather like a Brexit edition:
A reliable connection broke, those who relied on it fell on the ground. The one in the lead has lost his followers and no way he will reach the target he promised. The people left behind may put as much energy as they can on the pedals: They are stuck. They have to pedal hard as they are in the highest gear and are still going nowhere. All progress has suddenly come to a full stop. Still the person on the wheel pretends "this is fine, I cannot see a problem" - but his control cables are broken loose and hitting the levers has no effect any more. He has hit a brick wall.

A pretty political edition it is.

Careful
Looks rather like a Brexit edition:
A reliable connection broke, those who relied on it fell on the ground. The one in the lead has lost his followers and no way he will reach the target he promised. The people left behind may put as much energy as they can on the pedals: They are stuck. They have to pedal hard as they are in the highest gear and are still going nowhere. All progress has suddenly come to a full stop. Still the person on the wheel pretends "this is fine, I cannot see a problem" - but his control cables are broken loose and hitting the levers has no effect any more. He has hit a brick wall.

A pretty political edition it is.

careful we could call it the German economy model. The yanks blow it up and everything crashes, but no one talks about it.
Then the MSM blame a guy called Putin and pretend there's nothing to see here.

Top Bottom