Yet another creaking pedal post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I'm suffering ** at the moment too, over the course of a couple of weeks:
1. changed HT2 BB, which had been quiet in this (steel) bike altough creaking like a good 'un in my Ti bike. No change
2. removed, stripped down and in the process fubar's one of the SPD pedals, changed to a spare set. No change
3. retightened all crank bolts, checked saddle clamp bolts tight enough. No change
4. recalled that just before creaking started I'd swopped wheels around, checked cassette tight enough. No change
Creak seemed to be in time with pedal stroke and one footed pedalling seemed to show noise worse on right pedal downstroke.
5. removed BB and reinstalled with a load of mild threadlocker on threads. Still no change
6. swopped back to original wheel, ensuring cassette thoroughly tightened. STILL no change
7. In fit of desperation - in single session without checking in between: changed saddle & seatpost; retightened headset; stripped down, cleaned and reassembled chainset; took link out of chain (it was long enough) as I cleaned and re-lubed it
and then as, as if to mock my, the weather wasnt good enough to ride that bike to work today, and I had to take the mud-guard & dyno light equipped winter commuter instead.....

** with untraceable noises that is !

Last edited:
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom