Yet another cyclist death in the Borders.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just heard on the local news and here is the link to the BBC report :

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-12596069

Makes you think twice about going down quiet roads on your own like

Some of the best roads in the country; its tragic but that story doesn't give enough information.

Tasker

Just heard on the local news and here is the link to the BBC report :

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otland-12596069

Makes you think twice about going down quiet roads on your own like

What a shocking thing to happen. It looks like a hit and run and I doubt the police will be able to catch the driver - who I hope has his life ruined through guilt at his own cowardice at not stopping.

Sorry to sound so bitter.

What a shocking thing to happen. It looks like a hit and run and I doubt the police will be able to catch the driver - who I hope has his life ruined through guilt at his own cowardice at not stopping.

Sorry to sound so bitter.

Or it might just be he had a tragic solo accident, unfortunately it can happen, its too early to speculate
it was not yet clear how he died
:sad:

gavintc

Guru
HLaB, this was my thought as well. Initially, I simply presumed that he had been hit by a vehicle and then I realised that was adding to much opinion to so little facts. As you state, we should wait to find out the facts. This may well have been nothing to do with another road user. Still tragic and sad.

gavintc

Guru
How awful!
These are roads I know very well, was cycling only a few miles from here on Saturday. Hope it isn't somebody I know.

Word here is that no other vehicle was involved.

The BBC is reporting him as

46-year-old Michael Hogg from Hawick

amaferanga

Veteran
Just thought I'd set you guys straight with your hit and run theories.

The guy had a heart attack. He used to live down the road from my parents as it happens....

Top Bottom