Yet another New MAMIL...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

I started cycling on a second hand mountain bike just over three years ago, aged 52, partly in an effort to help lose weight, and partly because the doctor's advice that some exercise would help with my mildly high blood pressure.

Within 6 months, I had lost almost 30KG, got my blood pressure down to 120/80 with a resting heart rate of 55, and discovered a new passion, and yes started to feel quite at home in tight lycra!

Since then I have cycled over 3500 miles, done three 100mile + rides replaced the MTB, brought a road bike and spend far more money on bikes and equipment than I am prepared to tell my wife about!

Mark

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Hi,

I started cycling on a second hand mountain bike just over three years ago, aged 52, partly in an effort to help lose weight, and partly because the doctor's advice that some exercise would help with my mildly high blood pressure.

Within 6 months, I had lost almost 30KG, got my blood pressure down to 120/80 with a resting heart rate of 55, and discovered a new passion, and yes started to feel quite at home in tight lycra!

Since then I have cycled over 3500 miles, done three 100mile + rides replaced the MTB, brought a road bike and spend far more money on bikes and equipment than I am prepared to tell my wife about!

Mark

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I think quite a few of us are guilty of the very same thing, welcome to the forum, enjoy.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Welcome to the obsession club.

Hi,

Mark
Good stuff :thumbsup:

e-rider

crappy member
Hi,

Mark
nothing wrong with MAMILs as long as you don't follow typical MAMIL behaviour on and off the bike

Top Bottom