Yet anothr newby saying Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
cyclebum said:
Thanks, some say I'm brave but most just say I'm mad!!! :sad:

Don't think you are mad, would be more worried about mad dogs - whatever you do, take some form of dog repellant if there is such a thing. They are scary enough if you are on foot, but on a bike or camping I really wouldn't want to face them! xx(

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

I actually am more worried about snakes and creepy crawlies, the other challenge is I'm not much of a camper, so combine these 2 then camp in the back of beyond in India- I'd say I must be mad :sad:xx(:eek:

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

As far as the rabies is concerned, I won't say I'm not worried :sad:but we do have a full back up team with us so medical assistance would be close enough. You actually have at least 3 days to get medical help after being bitten, and its not just dogs.

cyclebum said:
As far as the rabies is concerned, I won't say I'm not worried :sad:but we do have a full back up team with us so medical assistance would be close enough. You actually have at least 3 days to get medical help after being bitten, and its not just dogs.

I know, but I suppose we just had a few too many nasty run-ins with dogs, so I'm feeling rather wary!!!

OP
OP
C

cyclebum

Its good to be wary :biggrin:, We have a disused railway line near us which I go up now and then (deceptive climb going up but great run coming back!) that is frequented by dog walkers and horse riders as well as cyclists. Most dogs are off lead and I always slow down and pass cautiously. One day I slowly passed a dog that turned in towards my bike at the last minute and I nearly ran him over. Turns out the poor old thing was deaf and blind!!! Mostly though I worry about getting my ankles bitten as many do not look too friendly. I prefer the responsible owners who hold on to their dogs until I've passed.